Friday, February 14, 2020

[2020.02.15] HEARTBREAK TURNS MICHELLE WAI INTO A SLOB?

Michelle Wai "plays dead" after the break up
courtesy of on.cc

The Michelle Wai Sze Nga, Danson Tang starred romance LOST AND FOUND IN TOKYO (SHOOK NUI OI MAN YAU) will open on March 12th. In the film Wai Sze Nga played a 29 year old Tao Sha Sha. In several scenes she appeared without any make up. In the story as Tao Sha Sha entered the edge of thirty suddenly, her boyfriend of 13 years Paul (Lawrence Chou Chun Wai) suddenly broke up with her. Heartbroken, she spent three days and three nights without going out or dressing up. She only binge watched dramas as she was determined to let everything go.

Wai Sze Nga said, "The director at first told me that one scene would destroy the pretty girl image that I spent years to build, as I would appear as a heartbroken slob. I thought that an actor would not care about his or her image so I told the director to go for it. In the end I even scared myself the first time, but when I looked closer I thought it was sloppy but still cute. Because I couldn't do it normally, I hope the audience would like my special hairstyle."

Actually the hardest part of making the scene was not the hard to accept appearance but to accommodate the extremely messy location. She said, "I myself am a girl who likes to be neat. When I got to the set that day I really was surprised, because the set really was designed to be extremely messy. I had to stay alert when I was rehearsing my marks and memorize how to walk the route. I was afraid that during the shoot I would fall down. However the funniest part was that while I was waiting for the take I couldn't help myself but wanting to clean up the place. The director had to tell me to do everyone a favor and just lie back down nicely, haha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment