Saturday, August 6, 2022

[2022.08.07] KEUNG TO BACKTRACKS FROM RETIREMENT TALK

Keung To learns from Teresa Mo that actors have to respect their profession.

Tsang Tung Lok and Jer Lau appear in school uniforms in the film

After the concert accident, every move of any MIRROR member has become the focus

Anson Lo reportedly is in talks for a movie with Korean director Kwak Jae-Yong
courtesy of on.cc

Popular guy group MIRROR's Keung To starred in the Emperor Motion Picture MAMA'S AFFAIR (AH MA YAU GOR DAI YI GOR), which will open soon. Although his appearance at the premiere remained unknown, earlier he recorded an interview to promote the film. In it he made some minor adjustment about his "retirement plan"; he even declared that he could be an actor if he didn't sing, because he liked that actors could let go of their "idol baggage" and focused on what he liked to do!

After the concert accident, the 12 members of MIRROR faced the greatest darkness since the start of their career. They needed time to recover and they are still working hard at it. The Keung To, Jer Lau and Teresa Mo Shun Kwan starred Emperor Motion Picture MAMA'S AFFAIR will hold its premiere on the 10th. Currently it is unknown whether Keung To and Jer would appear, but the actors earlier shot a production special and shared their production experience. In it Keung To talked about his "plan to retire before age 30' and even made minor adjustments because he wanted to keep acting. When sked if he liked acting, Keung To said, "Before I always say I want to retire, now I would say maybe I won't be a singer, I would become an actor. Because I discover the life of an actor is freer, without so many frames to put myself in. The identity of an idol may have a lot more restrictions, and not have my own life. I feel being an actor would be much more fun."

For his first film, of course he would need time to slowly explore and would have many new ideas. Because the first day of production to its wrap, Keung To's idea of acting also changed. From being fully suspicious to becoming in character as soon as he took his mark, the process was very interesting. He said, "I feel in every work there is certain regret, but these regrets would make me want to do a little better the next time I act. I was full of suspicions when I started making movies, by the middle I slowly trusted the character. Later on as soon as I took my mark I would become the character. I thought this process was a lot of fun. Acting is more fun than I imagine, from now on I would want to continue to try acting."

Keung To stated that he still had a long way to go from becoming a real actor, but he would work hard at it. "After seeing Sister Mo, I realize an actor really isn't a random job. You have to respect this profession very much."

As for Jer in the film he played Mo Shun Kwan's son "Chi Hin", who grew up in a broken home. Jer stated that at first this character was hard to relate to. "Actually 'Chi Hin' and I have differences. He has experienced a lot, I myself come from a happy family. Daddy Mommy are very supportive of me. I never thought how growing up in a broken home would be like. Luckily I am more sentimental, I very easily can relate to how the character feels. I can feel that if Daddy and Mommy split up it would really hurt. Although it really hurt, you still have to learn to move on and accept it."

Two strong female filmmakers, director Kearen Pang Sau Wai and Best Actress Mo Shun Kwan appreciated each other on this collaboration. Mo Shun Kwan stated, "I really like to work with a director who started as an actor, because directors who have been actors can grasp the roles and the actor's expression easier. In particular this movie is about women, so there is a bond."

Pang Sau Wai also said that working with Mo Shun Kwan was very pleasant. "From talking about this story on the first day, I discover that 'actually women really can talk about anything'. Then on the set, do you think I have any pressure from having to direct Mo Shun Kwan? Of course! However very strangely she didn't give me any pressure, and she would agree with me a little. For example sometime I would say 'This take wasn't as good as the one before', and she would say, 'I didn't think so either'. This is our common evaluation, similar views, so this is how trust is built."

Aside from Keung to and Jer, group mate Anson Lo is also working in film, television and music. Reportedly, Anson Lo originally would work on a famous Korean director's film. The investor would be the film company of his film debut SHOWBIZ SPY (GA MO NUI TUEN), WUCulture. The company representative Charlie Wong Wing Fung admitted that the company has had initial discussions with Anson Lo, but because it has not been confirmed they had no further news. As for when would the production begin? He said, "Because of the pandemic in Korea, the director doesn't know when he would be able to come."

Because Wong Wing Fung earlier revealed in public that the company would work with Korean director Kwak Jae-Yong, some speculated that he would be Anson Lo's new film director. Kwak Jae-Yong made Jeon Ji-Hyun and Sun Ye-Jin stars with Korean films MY SASSY GIRL and THE CLASSIC, his Hong Kong film would certainly set off spark.

Aside from Anson Lo's new film production start date has yet to be confirmed, captain Lokman Yeung and Gordon Lam Ka Tung's new film has already been wrapped up but no release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment