Thursday, January 9, 2014

[2014.01.10] PHILIP NG: I WOULD CRY IF ANDY TIEN DIES


courtesy of on.cc

Philip Ng Won Lung and Andy Tien (On Chi Kit) earlier accepted an interview. During the photo shoot they kept making poses, even the photographer could not do anything about them. During the interview, although they kept taking jabs at each other they could not hide their real friendship. Playing Ma Wing Jing in the film ONCE UPON A TIME IN SHANGHAI, Philip said that at first they could not decide on who would play Ma Wing Jing's friend Lung Chut. He said, "The producer asked me, which brother's death would make you cry. I told him On Chi Kit!" Did Andy thank his brother? He only knew to be happy for him. "I am very happy for him, I know he has always been waiting for a chance." Philip also said, "The friendship in the film can definitely convince people, because it is real!"

Andy has played vicious villains in UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) and TRUE LEGEND (SO HAK YI). This time in his new film he finally played a good guy. Did he want to erase viewers' impression of "permanent honorary villain"? Andy said that he liked to play villains. "I don't mind, when I take roles the characters attract me. Actually I like to play villains because I can imagine a lot. It's a lot of fun."

For his first lead role, Philip was able to work with action film elders Sammo Hung Kam Bo and Yuen Woo Ping. He felt very honored. Philip said, "I am not a big star, casting me actually is very risky. It feels like a dream comes true! I learned a lot from the elders, I absorbed little by little!"

No comments:

Post a Comment