Friday, June 23, 2017

[2017.06.24] RICHIE JEN DONATES HIS BIRTHDAY MONEY TO FRESH WAVE

Johnnie To, Richie Jen, Louis Koo
courtesy of on.cc

Yesterday was Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai)'s 51st birthday. Two nights ago his boss Dr. Peter Lam Kin Ngok, mentor and friend director Johnnie To Kei Fung and friend Louis Koo Tin Lok held a birthday dinner for him. Siu Chai indeed was a good man. His manager gave him a big lai see, the total of which he donated to "Fresh Wave" to support Hong Kong film creative talent. Siu Chai refused to reveal the amount but stressed that it was all in Hong Kong currency. Siu Chai's birthday wish was good health. For days he has been receiving well wishes and gifts from good friends. He said, "I am very lucky!"

"Fresh Wave" founder and president To Sir gave Siu Chai a limited edition bottle of "Johnnie To wine". He even autographed the box for him. Siu Chai happily said, "Because I rarely drink and this bottle of wine has such a sentimental value, I will properly store it. Very soon it will become the only one in the world, making it even more valuable!" Siu Chai said that he admired To Sir very much. He said, "I have always played the good guy, righteous characters. Over a decade ago To Sir asked me to play a robber in BREAKING NEWS (DAI SI GEIN). At the time I said I didn't know how to, but he said, 'Once you are on the set you will be able to!' Then I got to the set with To Sir's direction, I really was able to and opened everyone's eyes. Years later To Sir asked me to play another robber in TRIVISA (SHU DAI JIU FUNG), which not only gave me a chance to be nominated for Best Actor but also many, many scripts for me to play the villain, the robber. They proved that everyone recognized my acting. I am very happy, I really have to thank To Sir for his sharp eyes!"

Siu Chai's voice was a little hoarse. Earlier when he performed in Canada he sang and screamed with the audience and lost his voice. He said, "I was very healthy when I was performing in Canada, everyday I ran and exercised. I was in great shape. Then during the show the audience was very enthusiastic, which got me excited too. After the show I lost my voice!" Siu Chai was very touched and happy that his boss and friends planned this dinner for him. He said, "Thank you very much for your gifts and well wishes, I am very lucky! Lately because I got a lot of scripts and I just got back from Canada, I still am a little jet lag, a little dizzy and my voice a little hoarse. I will properly take care and wish everyone and myself good health!"

No comments:

Post a Comment