Monday, July 29, 2019

[2019.07.30] FRANCIS NG CALLS NICK CHEUNG MEAN


courtesy of on.cc

Francis Ng Chun Yu and Nick Cheung Ka Fai reunite for their new film LINE WALKER 2 (SI TOH HUNG JEH 2 DIP YING HUNG DONG). Chun Yu played Ka Fai and Louis Koo Tin Lok's mentor, with more emotional scenes than action. He joked that at his age he might not be able to handle of a lot of action scenes. Thus he left them to the two "kids".

In the previous film he had a romance with Charmaine Sheh Si Man. Chun Yu admitted that this time originally had arrangements but finally he successfully reflected to the director. "The director after the first film came to his senses and didn't cook up all the romantic relationships. This time is all guy guy, very hot blooded."

Faced with Chun Yu's directness, Ka Fai could not help but make fun of him. "He truly is at the peak of his 'madness'! This time the character can only be handled by people at the peak of 'madness" like him. Normally he also represented all I wanted to say. On the set I really like Chun Yu, because whenever I saw something that wasn't right usually I would watch it once more. Yet at this time he would already be raging and spoke up sooner than me. I couldn't have enjoyed it more, and the matter would be resolved in the end. Isn't that something to be happy about?" Chun Yu struck back, "People like him are so sly! Some stuff has to be expressed together, with the same emotion, but since he was born looking so mean I graciously help. Sometimes they would say that my suggestion was good!"

Since they have both directed before, would they team up to direct later? Ka Fai admitted that he thought about working together on a comedy. "The screenplay is hard to find than a director, because if people don't laugh they would hate it. The lines are pretty dangerous. (Have you talked about it?) I thought about it but I didn't talk with anyone about it. Actually in recent years many new behind the scene talent arose, I suggest for them to use social problems as subjects. Film is a very wide range, anything can happen. It can be a tragedy, romance, comedy, even Wong Jing style comedy can have new ideas. With good ideas I wouldn't mind working together."

No comments:

Post a Comment