Monday, October 3, 2022

[2022.10.04] CATHERINE CHAU, GLADYS LI HARASSES EKIN CHENG ON THE SET

Catherine Chau, Gladys Li
courtesy of on.cc

Catherine Chau Ka Yi and Gladys Li Ching Kwan earlier spoke to Hong Kong Open Television about their new film. The new film's subject was dodge ball, which neither has played before. Playing an athlete Li Ching Kwan said, "I always thought dodge ball was a more alternative sports, which would be mistaken for keep away. Both are those childhood games. Once I came in contact with this sport, I realized that actually it was very serious. Before the shoot I trained for almost a month, played twice a week. It was very tough."

Playing the social worker, Chau Ka Yi said that this time was different from her usual character. "This time was gentler, a little silly, very passionate, very enthusiastic, a little naive, very simple and direct, whatever she wants to do she rushes to do it, without thinking too much. Actually I can play more comedy, I don't want to play all the crying and sobbing anymore. It's very tough, but it is always offered to me. Boyfriend is dead, husband is dead, all are very dramatic things, the type that melts make up with tears, the very tragic type. If everyone after watching me in a comedy thinks it could work, please support me in making comedy. It's a little more comfortable."

Both were very happy to work with Dior Cheng Yi Kin, who played the coach. Li Ching Kwan said that before the match there was something that everyone would scream for. "We would try to touch Ekin's hand the fastest, because usually he would extend his hand. When he said Pink Youth team, we would fight for it. We would very happily say, I touched Ekin's hand." Chau Ka Yi also said, "It was very awkward for Ekin, being surrounded by girls all the time." Li Ching Kwan added, "We always sang his songs, kept saying he was handsome, which made him feel very embarrassed."

No comments:

Post a Comment