Saturday, July 29, 2023

[2023.07.30] FRANCIS NG IS EXTRA CAREFUL WITH ACTION SCENES DUE TO HIS "MONEY MAKER"

courtesy of on.cc

Francis Ng Chun Yu in the Herman Yau Lai To directed suspense film DEATH NOTICE (UM SAT FUNG BO) had a rescue scene with Julian Cheung Chi Lam in a dark reservoir tunnel. They ran into an explosion and had to run for while and jump out of the tunnel to the ground. Chun Yu said, "After entering the tunnel the ground was all water, I said I had to walk it once first to see if the shoes were suitable and whether there were some low spots. I had to familiarize myself with ths route and everyone's landing sot had to be clear of all dangerous material (sand, rock and trash). Each time I perform these dangerous stunts I am very clear, because the body is mine. Working on an action scene at night isn't simple, with water and explosion I have to make everything very clear." He joked that he was not an action actor, he had to rely on his face to make a living. So he would be extra careful while working on action scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment