Friday, August 28, 2026

[2026.08.29] PHILIP KEUNG AND NICK CHEUNG PLAY BROTHERS AGAIN IN THEIR NEW FILM, SETTING OFF NEW SPARKS WITH "UNBEATABLE" CHEMISTRY

Stanley Yau is less than pleased about his figure in the vacation photos and jokingly spreads "doctored" muscle photos online

Stanley Yau's bride to be Alina Lee enjoys the sunshine by the pool
courtesy of on.cc

The experienced producer Mabel Cheung Yuen Ting teamed up with the new generation of directors Norris Wong Yi Lam and Wong Hoi to jointly direct the "Directors' Succession Scehme" work GOOD TRIP! (NGOR AH DEH SEUG LUI HUNG), which would open on October 15th. Recently the film has released a number of new stills, Philip Keung Ho Man, MIRORR member Stanley Yau Si Chun, Yeung Nga Man (THAIMAY), Philip Ng Wan Lung, and other actors appeared one by one. Among them Keung Ho Man and Cheung Ka Fai once again played brothers on the big screen, scenes that were full of chemistry became one of the highlights of the film; and Stanley also challenged the costume style for the first time.

Keung Ho Man revealed that when he first took GOOD TRIP!, he hoped to work with Cheung Ka Fai again. "I remember at first when I took the role, I was going to play this character. After I finished reading the script, I have considered recommending myself to the director for another role. Because I haven't worked with Ka Fai, I wanted to find a fun role to collide with." He did ot expect to receive the director's phone call to inform him that he would instead play Cheung Ka Fai's brother. Keung Ho Man was overjoyed, and even said that working together again, they immediately found the chemistry from the UNBEATABLE days. "Who knew I would get another call from the director about a role change to play Ka Fai's rother. I couldn't be happier!" Recalling their classic scene in UNBEATABLE, Keung Ho Man said frankly, "I dare to say that no one can smash back the scenes between Fai and Tai Shui in UNBEATABLE. Our sparks were very wonderful. Without any need to say more, everyone would now how to react next with just one look."

He described their collaboration on the set was very natural. They often did not need too much communication to be able to improvise and set off different sparks. "On the set we would very naturally smash out different ideas, which is a great chemical effect. This time feels like everyone is much more mature. As soon as some ideas return, so do the memories. It's a lot of fun! This time this movie is another type of feeling, in comparison to the men's romance in UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN), I can only say it has increased and not diminished." Although he did not have many scenes, Keung Ho Man believed that each scene would be able to give them enough to play the brotherhood of them.

In addition, Stanley in the film GOOD TRIP! challenged a costume look for the first time and appeared with long hair, blade and muscles. No wonder even he joked that the costume was special. "It was between wearing and not wearing clothes." Appearing with long hair for the first time, he felt that it felt like THE STORM RIDERS (FUNG WAN). Speaking of working with Cheung Ka Fai and Chung Suet Ying this time, he was excited. "Brother Ka Fai is the idol I grew up watching. This collaboration was truly very unforgettable." He also gave special mention to co-star Yoyo Mung Ka Wai, saying that they often interacted. "Working with elder Mung Ka Fai felt very wonderful. Actually she has always paid attention to what MIRROR was doing, so privately we have talked about tidbits about the group."

Stanley earlier had to spend his 36th birthday at work as he worked on a group variety program with his 11 group mates, but after he completed the shoot, he took his bride to be Alina Li Yan Yi for a flash vacation in Phuket, Thailand. After work he posted photos from the trip. He seemed to be less than pleased with his figure though, as he asked AI for help. In the end AI generated "secondary development" of Stanley's chest, abdominal and biceps and added popping veins. The photos were horrifying yet hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment