Tuesday, October 6, 2026

[2026.10.07] NICK CHEUNG WANTS TO CHALLENGE OLD ROLES

Nick Cheung shaves his head for a wig to appear in a "Mediterranean" look

Yoyo Mung works with Nick Cheung again after 26 years and the chemistry remains the same
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Best Actor Nick Cheung Ka Fai starred new film GOOD TRIP (NGOR AH DEH SEUNG LUI HUNG) would soon open in Malaysia, and he has taken the time to accept the media interviews there. Playing a middle- aged man with cancer in the film, he appeared with a "Mediterranean" look. For realism, he took the initiative to shave his head and then put on a wig. The film's funding came from the Hong Kong Film Development Council's "Directors' Succession Scheme" project, Ka Fai said, "This time has old actors, new actors and young actors too. Don't make the "Directors' Succession Scheme" sound so noble, it is already great for everyone to have an opportunity to interact."

Regarding working with Yoyo Mung Ka Wai again after 26 years, Ka Fai joked, "She's fatter! But she's pretty cute. Working with her is pretty happy. During the shoot I feel like the unreliable husband in the film, and she is a wife who annoyed me. The feeling is rather comfortable." Has he ever thought about where he would like to go for the final journey in life? He said frankly, "I don't like to travel. I don't like to take a plane, stay in a hotel. Then why else should I go?"

When asked about his mental age, he said, "I haven't thought about this question, but acting is very important to me. There is a suitable role for every age. Many people say that they have to look for their hobbies when they retire, and I am pretty scared because I really don't have a hobby. My most favorite is acting. (What kind of role would you like to challenge?) The 70 something loser, avenger, an old killer I would be very eager to try, I can accept playing even older!"

No comments:

Post a Comment