Monday, November 30, 2009

[2009.12.01] ANGELABABY BRAVES THE COLD

courtesy of takungpao.com

Angelababy (Yeung Wing) performed for the first time in the costume comedy ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL TOO 2010 (FA TIN HEI SI 2010) and everything was fresh to her. In one scene her boat had an accident, the princess fell into the sea and got hurt. Luckily Million Wong (Raymond Wong Pak Ming) rescued her.

Because this water scene was shot in November when Hengdian's temperature was only a few degrees Celsius. The actors and the crew had to wear down coats to keep warm. The director was worried about Angelababy's health and originally planned to use a double in this scene.  Yet Angelababy decided to personally perform for a better result. "At the time Hengdian was very cold. I think the water temperature should only be a few degrees. The costume was very thin and didn't permit too many clothes underneath. For better result I couldn't mind that much and I bravely agreed."

Angelababy continued, "To keep warm before I left for the set I already had heat pads all over me so I didn't feel cold at all. In addition on the day of the shoot the sun suddenly appeared. When I got into the water it wasn't really cold. In the story Mr. Wong saved me with a fishing net. I had to crawl into the net and soaked in the water. On land I had to stay wet to complete the land scenes. Then I really felt cold. After that shoot I was sick for two days. When I was saved I hit some rock and bruised my leg, but for the chance to work on a Lunar New Year film a little hardship is worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment