Monday, March 5, 2012

[2012.03.06] MICHAEL WONG BEATS THE ACTING OUT OF JANICE MAN

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

Michael Wong Man Tak on the first shoot of the NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO) had to "take care of" his daughter Janice Man Wing Shan.  In order to play the great musician character, Wong Man Tak grew a beard and often physically abused his daughter.

Wong Man Tak drank some red wine to boost his fatherly might before taking his mark.  As the cameras rolled he said a few lines and immediately got into character.  He angrily yelled at Man Wing Shan and even threw his phone on the floor.  Then he grabbed a ruler and whipped Man Wing Shan with it.  He pushed her to the floor and even the wine glass on the table were shattered during his action sequence.  Man Wing Shan coordinated with Wong Man Tak's emotional performance and began to bawl.  Even when the director yelled stop, she still could not.  Later Man Wing Shan realized that when Wong Man Tak pushed her to the floor, she sprained her calf.

Man Wing Shan admitted that Wong Man Tak's realistic performance frightened her, but she also benefited from his "wildness".  she said, "I never thought that Michael spanking me with a ruler would hurt so much.  Luckily earlier the director gave me an 'additional lesson' before and reminded me to give me all.  Originally the director suggested that I used padding, but I insisted on getting hit for real.  With Michael's guidance I completely collapsed.  He was very explosive, my interaction with him enabled my performance."

Michael gave Man Wing Shan the violent treatment the first time they worked together, which he was very sorry about.  He said, "Actually my heart ached as I hit her forcefully, like I was hitting my own daughter.  Seeing how hard Janice cried I was even sorrier.  I would rather fight half to death with a male co-star."

No comments:

Post a Comment