Tuesday, October 9, 2012

[2012.10.10] THREE WOMEN BEHIND TONY LEUNG KA FAI'S SUCCESS

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

Three time Hong Kong Film award Best Actor Tony Leung Ka Fai recently was on the first cover of DARIZI MEN'S. Over the years Ka Fai's passion for acting has only increased. Every new character was a new challenge to him. At the same time he already was indifferent to the Best Actor honor. During the interview, he said, "I am even more ordinary than an ordinary person."

Ka Fai said, "I always see myself as an ordinary person. The fact is I really am an ordinary person. Acting is only my profession. I am just like an ordinary person. I am working at business hours and resting when I am off; like an ordinary citizen I ride the MTR, cross the harbor on the ferry. I always feel, my performance life is the exciting one. My own life is very ordinary." After 30 years in the business, although he has had colorful experience on the big screen, back in real life he only wanted quiet. Right now he was only after "quiet, stability, environmental protection, simplicity."

As the saying goes, behind a successful man is the support of a woman. Ka Fai feels that he is luckier than the average successful man because he has the support of three behind him from his wife and his daughters. Acting is a job with a lot of emotional upheaval. Getting into the character, he sometimes has emotional peak and sometimes frustration. Ka Fai says, "I feel I am very lucky, when I was young I was already married with children. I had a complete family, which enabled me to maintain stability. Acting affecting emotional situation was certain, for example once he shot a very upsetting scene and he felt like he was completely engulfed in rage. "Ordinarily when I get home, the dogs at home would welcome me. Yet that day when I got out of the car, they scattered. That rage was so strong that even pets were able to sense it." However as soon as Ka Fai stepped foot into his home, he was able to cool down very quickly. Because at home the scenery has changed and he would naturally forget everything on the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment