Saturday, August 2, 2014

[2014.08.03] SASSY GIRLFRIEND CHRISSIE CHAU SEEKS HELP FROM LAWRENCE CHENG

Chrissie Chau says BREAK UP 100 opens up her mind about relationships; Lawrence Cheng asks his wife's opinion on everything.

Ekin Cheng and Chrissie Chau have bathing scenes in the film
Chrissie Chau says that now she would be friends with her boyfriend's friends
Lawrence Cheng and his wife (left) have been married for years and their daughters are grown
Lawrence Cheng explores Chrissie Chau's non sexy side
courtesy of on.cc

Relationships have always been together when compatible and part when not. After breaking up everyone would learn something from it. Lawrence Cheng Tan Shui has dated once and got married through a romantic film gave inspiration to Chrissie Chau Sau Na who has had a failed relationship. Sister Na who originally thought that she was a full score girlfriend due to her experience in the film changed her mind. She said that her personality was stubborn before and would only stand on her own side. Her "must win" mentality only put her and her other half in a cold war!

On the other hand, Brother Tan who has seen everything had his own formula of being with the other half. He admitted that his wife came first in everything, even making a friend needed her approval. Although this idea was hard to find in the society today, Brother Tan only had one woman in his life. No one needed to said about the effectiveness of his relationship maintenance.

T: Cheng Tan Shui
N: Chau Sau Na

T: Why did I want Chau Sau Na for BREAK UP 100 (FUN SAU 100 CHI)? Because she is pretty, I like her.

N: Don't tell the truth, haha!

T: When I cast actors I depend on instinct. Cheng Yi Kin asked me who the lead actress would be. I immediately told him Chau Sau Na. At the time his face looked like this (savoring) as he said, "Great! We have never worked together before." Love is great, some would suspect if Chau Sau Na would work. Yet my love for you has already overcome all hardship, when I say you would work you would.

N: That's right, love is invincible!

T: When she came to the costume fitting the first thing I remembered was to tell her to remove her "big eyes".

N: No, no, I am not wearing any now.

T: She knew that she was still pretty without the "big eyes". Later I told the hair and makeup team not to make her up, put her hair up with a pencil and button here shirt up to her neck. I didn't want Deep V. You have seen all that. I wanted a different Chau Sau Na, when she shows her sexiest acting she would have to use her acting.

N: Then am I sexy?

T: During the shoot I felt that I have already captured Chau Sau Na's beautiful side, she truly was sexy! Everyone was too familiar with Chau Sau Na's sexy figure, but I hoped after this film Hong Kong would have another actress with good acting.

N: Thank you Director for trusting me, his unwavering persistence, his love, we did it! I almost have never appeared in front of anyone with this look, but I kind of like it. It was a pretty big surprise!

T: In the film you were always calling for break ups, were you like that in real life?

N: Less in real life, but I was pretty close, hahah.

T: Even not 100 at least 99!

N: Yes, even not 1001 at least 101. Actually before making this film I really wasn't like this. I thought I was great, a great girlfriend.

T: Before the shoot during the script reading, she very firmly said to me with a lot of worry, Director how should I play it. I told you just be herself. She said I am not like this!

N: (cracking up) I was playing coy and said no, haha!

T: At the time I took a deep breath! Huh? There is no way I got the wrong impression of Chau Sau Na, if you weren't like that what were you like? Don't you play coy. Actually she didn't understand herself at all, why don't you keep telling what happened as the shoot went on.

N: Actually I always felt that everyone in a relationship couldn't see themselves clearly. They would always think on the spot that they were standing on, which was selfish. Even if I didn't call for a break up, it still was a bullying personality. I was impatient too, I was a very stubborn girl. I felt that I was very similar with me in the film. If I learned to be gentler and needier, maybe I wouldn't need to reach the cold war all the time. Although I wasn't always calling for a break up, but with a personality like mine, I couldn't just swallow my pride even for a moment. I would rather die than lose. If we couldn't settle it then let it go, it was just like saying break up.

T: Many guys would drag on relationships, girls were more frank. When they broke up they wouldn't say it. If they said those words they wanted to test how much the other person loved them. Break up became a weapon of relationship maintenance, even more common than saying "I love you".

N: Thus now I understand myself even more, I know how to get along.

T: After each relationship ends, something always gets left behind. How would you handle them?

N: I am a very decisive person. Using break up as a test to find a sense of security, you really want to tell yourself how much this man loves you. However during a real break up you might not be able to speak up,maybe you are so decisive that you would just leave a message. Everyone would keep something that they once had, ultimately they wouldn't say in their line of vision.

T: Do you feel that your boyfriend's friends are all harmful?

N: I of course want him to do what I feel is good for him. Like in the film I would feel why are you fighting me for my boyfriend? I think it is a relationship that is like friend and foe. I don't know why they would only support their brothers, but I am playing the bad guy. Girlfriends like to butt in here and there, but only with their boyfriends. Honestly if you aren't my boyfriend, I can fight you to the end about anything.

T: My wife knows all my friends male or female, in addition my friends need my wife's approval. I think it's needed because she has to know who I know, especially old friends. They are all under my wife's control. I don't make friends that my wife doesn't like me to make.

N: That's pretty good!

T: Because she has been more accurate than me over the years, even the very useful people that I in the end realize aren't good people. Since I have had the experience early on, I would trust what she says.

N: I have learned a new way, to become friends with my boyfriend's good friends.

T: Yes, then they would influence your boyfriend back.

N: That's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment