Thursday, August 28, 2014

[2014.08.29] PHILIP KEUNG DEVELOPS A FEAR OF PUBLIC BATHROOM

courtesy of on.cc

New Hong Kong director James Hung's new film THE SEVENTH LIE (DAI CHUT FONG YIN) earlier held two screenings in Hong Kong. James said, "After waiting for such a long time it finally can be screened in Hong Kong. I was very worried that the Hong Kong audience wouldn't be able to accept the American style film language and style in the film. At the first screening, the audience response to the earlier part was more cautious but got much better later. They even cracked up during the dark comedy spot! The second show took place at the art center, maybe because the audience loves film more they put more effort to dig into what I want to express. After the show they even stayed to attend the forum and enthusiastically asked questions. I really thank them for their passionate support. I hope to continue to have good response during its official release (around November)!"

Actor Philip Keung Ho Man also shared his production experience. "James' communication with actors was particularly thorough, giving the character more dimensions. When I work with new directors, I can explore even more in my performance! However this time we shot at a public restroom for three or four days, I have truly never had such fear in my film career!"

No comments:

Post a Comment