Sunday, August 10, 2014

[2014.08.11] EDDIE CHEUNG WANTS MORE ROLES THAN RAISES

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of singtao.com
Li Zichen and Eddie Cheung
Eddie Cheung and Babyjohn Choi
courtesy of on.cc

The film TWILIGHT ONLINE (HUNG BO JOI SIN) two nights ago on the Lunar July 14th Yu Lan Festival held advanced screenings. Director Maggie To Yuk Ching and actors Eddie Cheung Siu Fai, Li Zichen, Lawrence Chou Chun Wai, Kabby Hui Nga Ting and Otto Chan Chi Kin attended, as they celebrated the Ghost Festival with the audience. The event arranged for "female ghosts" to give away fans. Cheung Siu Fai even gave laisee to each viewer to help them suppress their fear. Then the actors and the audience took a group photo.

The film earlier won film feature, leading actor and leading actress awards of excellence at the San Diego IndieFest, film feature and leading actor awards of excellence, and leading actress award of merit at the Accolade Global Film Competition.

The two time Best Actor Cheung Siu Fai actually has never seen the film in its entirety. As for any strange events during the production, he said that nothing happened as the shoot went rather smoothly. He said, "After acting for so long, I am already used to it. I used to be afraid of the dark, after I got into the business I was no longer afraid. (Do you believe in supernatural events?) Luckily I haven't run into any, but I have heard a lot that can't be explained. I believe they exist." Would he get a raise after winning Best Actor? Cheung Siu Fai instead hoped to have more roles. He also said that as an actor he would not think about winning awards or not. If he won it would be an encouragement. He even gave special thanks to the team because the award did not belong to him alone. Everyone worked very hard on the film. The team has not have the time to celebrate because everyone's schedules were hard to adjust. However after the screening two nights ago, he and the actors went for a late night snack.

Film industry new comer Li Zichen won leading actress award of excellence and leading actress award of merit. She said in Putonghua, "This was my first film, my debut, I am very happy about the awards. In the film I played a kind female ghost. I didn't have any line and had to rely on body language to act. (Do you believe in ghosts?) To me, ghost is a term, but I believe that it exists." Sh also revealed that she took a new role in a Japanese horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment