Tuesday, August 28, 2018

[2018.08.28] RON NG WORKED FOR 7 DAYS WITHOUT SLEEP

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

Ron Ng Cheuk Hei and Annie Liu (Lau Sum Yau) two nights ago attended the film JOI GEIN NUI YUN GAI (SEE YOU LADIES' MARKET) production wrap banquet. Sum Yau brought out a cake to celebrate Ng Cheuk Hei's September 9th birthday in advance. He would celebrate with dinner with family on the actual day.

Sum Yau during the shoot had a skin reaction from the make up and non stop perspiration. The medicine made her face swell up a little. She said, "The film has many night scenes, staying up is bad for the skin and the body. I am used to getting up and going to bed early, but when I get off work it's time to get up." Ng Cheuk Hei did not mind working nights because he was used to it from working on TVB series. He joked that the word "sleep" had nothing to do with him, the worst was when he went 7 days without sleep. When he got home he showered then went back to work. "At the time I was just a shell without a soul, I was so tired that I couldn't even remember my lines. In 4 or 5AM I had a scene with Brother Chung (Damien Lau Chung Yun), by the third take I couldn't say a word. The director couldn't take it anymore and told me to go home. On the way home at 50 miles per hour I still scrapped the divider." Sum Yau was impressed with Ng Cheuk Hei being able to go 7 days without sleep. Earlier when she worked on DEEP IN THE REALM OF CONSCIENCE she could not take three days without sleep. Ng Cheuk Hei said, "If I can't take it I lose my job right away." Sum Yau pointed out that the company would fight for rest time for her. Sometimes when work went overtime it would be for the good of the show. If no one got to sleep she would not ask for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment