Monday, September 24, 2018

[2018.09.25] HONG KONG CHOOSES DANTE LAM'S OPERATION RED SEA AS ITS OSCAR REPRESENTATIVE

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

Emperor Motion Picture's OPERATION RED SEA made over HK$ 4.5 billion globally. The Hong Kong Film Producer Association yesterday announced that OPERATION RED SEA will represent Hong Kong to vie the 91st Best Foreign Film Oscar nomination. Currently preparing for his new film GUNG GUP GAU WOON (EMERGENCY RESCUE, tentative title), director Dante Lam Chiu Yin admitted that it was somewhat unexpected. "OPERATION RED SEA is an action film with more commercial elements, to be able to represent Hong Kong to compete for the Best Foreign Film Oscar nomination is a honor to me. No matter what, industry insiders and outsiders alike have high praise for the quality of the entire production. They feel that it can already rival world class, which to me is a tremendous encouragement and proves that we have truly done it!"

Lam Chiu Yin remained alert for his new challenge. "After OPERATION RED SEA, for any new project my condition is still giving me the greatest space to perform. It is impossible for you to pay me a lot of money and I have to do it. I must like the subject!" Has anyone truly thrown money at him for a new film? "Some have said that they would give absolute support no matter what amount I ask for. I am constantly telling myself, each subject has to be something I like. It would be the best if I have never touched it before, and I have space to explore it; like after THE BEAST STALKER and STOOL PIGEON, I suddenly made UNBEATABLE, THAT DEMON WITHIN, TO THE FORE. Each time the action level has to be different, only then would the greatest motivation be there."

As for GUNG GUP GAU WOON, the team has top experts from around the world including many with top Hollywood blockbuster experience. Lam Chiu Yin said, "I already have the production team schedule done. If all goes as expected the production will start in November. The first stop will be in Xiamen, and the last stop in Mexico. It definitely will take half a year to make!" So far the only announced actor is Eddie Peng Yu-Yan. "Now the focus of the preparation is all on Peng Yu-Yan. I am molding the character he will play. Other characters will be announced later."

No comments:

Post a Comment