Monday, February 4, 2019

[2019.02.05] INTEGRITY TOPS ADVANCED TICKET SALES






Karena Lam makes red envelopes at home 

All the actors were very close to the explosions
courtesy of on.cc

Nick Cheung Ka Fai and Sean Lau Ching Wan worked together again after five years on the Emperor Lunar New Year film INTEGRITY (LIM JING FUNG WON YIN MOK) and sparks continued to fly. Speaking of the busy promotional schedule before the Lunar New Year, both said that they could not welcome it more because starting on the Lunar New Year's Day they would have a few days off. Ka Fai joked that with the rare holiday he was locked in on slacking off, sleeping and eating at home. "Originally I wanted to go on vacation but we would have a New Year visit conflict, we would have to go to Sister Sin's (Pak Suet Sin) so we couldn't go! (Would you cook at home?) I am too lazy! Usually I would slack off, sleep and eat, be myself, rest until I was like someone with nothing to live for! However sometimes I would exercise a little, after UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN) I would been keeping up with the work out!" Directing in recent years, would he follow up again in the Year of the Pig? Ka Fai said that indeed he had subjects that he wanted to make, however as an actor his schedule was already full. Would he work with his "benefactor" Dante Lam Chiu Yin again? He said, "Does he still know me? I know he is making a 600 million yuan new film! A Hong Kong style team like me and Lam Chiu Yin, I would want to do it again. He too wants to return to Hong Kong and make some domestic movies, so everything would have to wait until he finishes his stuff first!"

Ching Wan said that he did not pay attention to what happened in the Year of the Dog, but joked, "As long as I didn't kill anyone it's fine! I met my target there, and I was able to make movies that I liked. In the Year of the Pig I would choose to try something that isn't right for me. I have to believe in the director. Then I wish for good health and more happiness."

INTEGRITY opened officially today and its Hong Kong advanced ticket sales have been enthusiastic, sold out on the Lunar New Year's Day. On the Lunar 2nd and 3rd almost 90% of the tickets have been sold. Emperor currently is looking into adding cinemas and shows for more viewers to be able to enjoy the film.

INTEGRITY also had a major explosion scene as its focus. In it Lau Ching Wan while looking for an important witness found where he hid his wife and child. As he arrived with his subordinate a big explosion took place. For the effect, the actors had to be extremely close to the explosion. Alan Mak Siu Fai said, "This scene required many arrangements in advance. Because the set was constructed, we had to have many meetings, designed all the action with the explosive team and the action director. Even the door angle had to be very precise. Because it was a real explosion, actors would get hurt if they got very near. Safety came first. If you did everything, the shot would only take 3 minutes to shoo. Yet before hand it needed 30 hours to prepared. After spending that time, the result was good and the shoot was very smooth because you have already done it once." Ching Wan praised the director, "The timing of this scene's shoot was very accurate. Director Mak's schedule also was very clear, the guidance was very orderly. Very rarely did anyone just sat there on the set."

No comments:

Post a Comment