Thursday, January 4, 2024

[2024.01.05] ANDY LAU VISITS THE SET TO CHEER ON COLLEAGUES OF 40 YEARS

Andy Lau visits the set to cheer on his colleagues of 40 years

"Brother Condor" remembers while working on THE RETURN OF CONDOR HEROES he and Andy Lau ate by the roadside
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Andy Lau Tak Wa produced and starred I DID IT MY WAY (CHIM HUNG) invited stunt people he has known over many years, including "Brother Condor" from the TVB series RETURN OF CONDOR HEROES 40 years old Ma Dai, from the 1994 film THREE SWORDSMEN (DOH GIM SIU) Ah Choi and from working on commercials Cheung Wa. When the three worked on I DID IT MY WAY, Wa Jai did not have any scene but came to the set to cheer them on. When he introduced the stunt team and action actors he said, "No matter what I have to come over to see my colleagues, they are still just as young."

Ma Dai recalled working with Wa Jai on RETURN OF CONDOR HEROES. "At the time he wasn't famous yet. When we were working we would eat together by the roadside. I remember working on RETURN OF CONDOR HEROES at the television station the most. I played the Condor. In the day I worked on location, fighting our share on the wires. At night we worked in the studio together on dramatic scenes."

Ah Choi joked that he has not worked with Wa Jai for too long, and did not understand why he constantly took a beating from Wa Jai in movies. The most memorable was the THREE SWORDSMEN production being the most difficult and the toughest. He also praised Wa Jai's good memory. He would remember 90% of the action.

Cheung Wa talked about Wa Jai's wire work while working on commercials. "While working on commercials he had to be on the wire. On the set were the director and the wire director. I remember Mr. Lau said to me, 'If you don't understanding anything just tell me'. I was very embarrassed because my boss was there. I couldn't say anything out of turn, so I didn't answer him. Very regrettable."

No comments:

Post a Comment