Thursday, January 11, 2024

[2024.01.12] TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI INVITES CAST MATES HOME TO GET FAMILIAR

Tony Leung Chiu Wai is beaten to a bloody pulp in a back alley
courtesy of on.cc

The Felix Chong Man Keung written and directed, Wong Bun produced, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Andy Lau Tak Wa, Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin, Simon Yam Tat Wa, Alex Fong Chung Shun, Philip Keung Ho Man and others starred film THE GOLDFINGER in less than two weeks in Hong Kong release has already surpassed HK$ 28 million to become the 2023 Christmas and New York slot opening box office champion.

Due to the length of the film, the Leung Chiu Wai played Ching Yat Yin and Ah Sa played Cheung Ka Man's firs meeting scenes were cut. Fortunately now the confidential video has been unveiled for the audience to further understood the character Cheung Ka Man. "Heaven blessed me with 'assets' so they definitely would have their uses" was Cheung Ka Man's motto. Why Ching Yat Yin without hesitation chose Cheung Ka Man to be his right hand also got a full answer.

Working with Leung Chiu Wai for the firs time, Ah Sa joked that she felt like a dream has come true. "Before the official start when I found out this movie would have Leung Chiu Wai, I felt great. My dream all along came true just like this. At first I thought I would be very nervous, luckily I did all my research before hand. Very quickly I was able to get into the production mood; in addition Leung Chiu Wai truly is great; not only did he not put on air, but in order to break through the gap he even deliberately invited me and Bak Ji (Michael Ning) to his home to chat. He spent a lot of time to communicate and have exchanges with us." Ah Sa described, "THE GOLDFINGER gathered the best cast and crew, the shoot was beyond enjoyable. I myself am someone who would repeatedly think about how to do even better, but making this movie I didn't need to worry at all. I had the best co-stars to clearly tell me how to perform, so I was able to live in the moment. Whatever feeling I had, I just performed it."

Meanwhile, Leung Chiu Wai also praised Ah Sa. "She is very hard working and focused, I thank her and a group of young actors' professionalism. They were able to smoothly complete THE GOLDFINGER production." Speaking of the confidential video in which Leung Chiu Wai needed to participated in a back alley beating and other stunts, he said, "In comparison to before, this time's action scenes were considered very easy as pie. Action director Chin Kar Lok and I have worked together before on 97' ACES GO PLACES, we already had chemistry long ago and this time the collaboration was rather pleasant."

No comments:

Post a Comment