Tuesday, March 5, 2024

[2024.03.06] DA PENG HOPES TO GET PHOTOS AT THE HONG KONG FILM AWARDS

Da Peng attends his first audience appreciation show in Hong Kong for his film DUST TO DUST.  The audience's enthusiasm surprises him
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Jonathan Li Tsz Chun directed, Da Peng, Gordon Lam Ka Tung starred crime film DUST TO DUST (DAI BAK GOR YIM YI YUN) received the 42th Hong Kong Film Awards nominations for Best Actor, Best New Director and Best Sound Design. Li Tsz Chun and Da Peng earlier have already received the 30th Hong Kong Film Critic Society Awards Best Director and the 25th Shanghai International Film Festival Jin Juen Awards Best Actor. Da Peng this time came to Hong Kong to promote DUST TO DUST, and two days ago appeared at 2 shows of "special appreciation screenings" with the director, screenwriter Chow Man Yu and sound designer Dave Chung Hoi Tung to thank the viewers. Growing up under the influence of Hong Kong films, Da Peng was very honored to be nominated for this year's Hong Kong Film Awards. He even described participating in the award night would certainly be the most important moment of his life.

Da Pang made the trip to thank the audience in Hong Kong, which not only brought in film viewers but also many in the business like Fish Liew Chi Yu and fellow Best Actor nominee this year Siuyea Lo Chun Yip, Chiu Fung, Larine Tang Yueping, Zeno Koo Tin Hin and Manfred Man Jun. Everyone commended Da Peng's Best Actor level performance. Viewers were also very enthusiastic, after the screening they not only asked for photos but also asked for autographs from the team members. Da Peng and the director were very friendly and fulfilled everyone's requests. Da Peng pointed out that this time he came to Hong Kong for audience appreciation, he was surprised by the viewers' enthusiastic response. "The first time in Hong Kong for a movie, I felt particularly nervous when I faced the audience. I was afraid that I wouldn't answer well. However the viewers were very passionate, which gave me quite a sense of security. The entire process was very comfortable."

The fact was Da Peng really liked Hong Kong films and has always paid attention to the Hong Kong Film Awards. He pointed out, "This time I am already very happy with the nomination, I don't particularly have confidence because the others are too strong -- especially after I watched the other nominated actors' work. I felt that I already felt very luck to have the recognition of being nominated. I really enjoy the entire process from the nomination to the promotion. I look forward to the moment the result would be announced. I believe it would be a very important moment in my life."

Earlier Da Peng brought his family to visit Hong Kong. He praised Hong Kong for being great to walk around, great food to eat. His parents came to Hong Kong for the first time and he was able to take them to visit various places. He too felt very happy. Da Peng added, "What was special was standing on the Avenue of Stars by the Victoria Harbor, on it were hand prints of many superstars. When I walked by each hand print I would put my hand on top for comparison. I thought 'Wow, Leung Chiu Wai's hand is actually this big'. When I put my hand on it it still had so much space. I also compared myself with everyone, imagining whether one day I would be able to leave my hand print here."

Finally Da Peng was asked if he has thought of anything he wanted to do at the Hong Kong Film Awards. He joked, "Because I have made movies for over a decade before I was nominated for the Hong Kong Film Awards, at this rate, the next time probably would be a long, long time later. I don't know whether I would still have the opportunity, so instead I would have to grasp this opportunity. If I would run into stars, people I saw in movies when I was little, my idols, and Hong Kong film colleagues, I would take more photos at the Hong Kong Film Awards. I hope everyone would look forward to my photos online. Also I definitely want to get a photo with Wong Tze Wah (Dayo), because very early on I have already seen his stand up comedy. Before on the stage I would also imitate his performance. This time I would take a photo with him, then tell him how much I like him."

No comments:

Post a Comment