Monday, March 18, 2013

[2013.03.19] FILIPINO ACTORS WIN BEST ACTOR AND BEST ACTRESS ASIAN FILM AWARDS

courtesy of on.cc
Filipino actress Nora Aunor and actor Eddie Garcia win Best Actress and Best Actor respectively
Tony Leung Ka Fai
Kwai Lun-Mei is a Best Actress favorite but does not win
Mainland actress Qi Xi is very happy to win Best Newcomer
Korean acterss Jo Min-Su wins My Favorite Actress with PIETA
Japanese actress Makiko Watanabe wins Best Supporting Actress with CAPTURING DAD and celebrates backstage with her boyfriend
Chapman To does not win Best Supporting Actor
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 7th Asian Film Award presentation took place last night at the Convention center. Both Best Actor and Best Actress were Filipino. Winning the Asia Pacific Best Actor with BWAKAW, Filipino actor Eddie Garcia defeated COLD WAR (HONG JIN)'s Tony Leung Ka Fai to win Best Actor again. He also won the online "My Favorite Actor" award. Nora Aunor with THY WOMB defeated Kwai Lun-Mei for Best Actress. Tied for the most nominations MYSTERY won 3 out of 6 awards, including Best Film, Best Newcomer, Best Screenwriter. RHINO SEASON also won 3 as both films became big winners.

The 83 year old Filipino actor Eddie Garcia defeated Leung Ka Fai, Joseph Chang Hau Chuen, Liu Ye and Choi Min-Sik to win Best Actor. He said, "To those who voted for me online earlier and the jury that selected me, I thank them very much." He earlier won the Asia Pacific Best Actor with this film. He felt very honored to win again and wanted to dedicate this Asian Film award to all the nominees.

Nora Aunor defeated Kwai Lun-Mei, Jo Min-Su, and Hao Lei to win Best Actress. Kwai Lun-Mei earlier won the Golden Horse and Asia Pacific Best Actress awards with GF*BF. This time she was unable to win her third Best actress. Nora Aunor said, "I am very happy, thank you for giving me this award. I especially have to thank my friends in the Philippines." Fellow winner Eddie Garcia said, "In 1978 I directed a movie, in which she was the lead actress. back then she won the Best Performance award in the Philippines." Nora Aunor also said that her right leg was injured so she attended in casual shoes, she hoped that everyone would understand.

Korean actress Jo Min-Su did not win Best Actress with PIETA but won the online "My Favorite Actress" award. Japanese actress Makiko Watanabe with CAPTURING DAD defeated Gianna Jun Ji-Hyun, Kim Hye-Soo and Qin Lan to win Best Supporting Actress. She said, "I am both happy and surprised. I hope the director would be happy for me. I will share this honor with my parents." Indian actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui with TALAASH: THE ANSWER LIES WITHIN defeated DIVA's Chapman To Man Jat and GF*BF's Rhydian Vaughan (Fung Siu Ngok) to win Best Supporting Actor.

Qi Xi with MYSTERY won Best Newcomer. She said, "Thank you to my parents and my husband. I want to be a passionate and responsible actress, I hope everyone would give me more opportunities."

7TH ASIAN FILM AWARDS
http://www.asianfilmawards.asia/nominees-and-winners/7th-afa-nominees-and-winners/7th-afa-nominees-winners/

BEST FILM: MYSTERY
BEST DIRECTOR: Takeshi Kitano (OUTRAGE BEYOND)
BEST ACTOR: Eddie Garcia (BWAKAW)
BEST ACTRESS: Nora Aunor (THY WOMB)
BEST NEWCOMER: Qi Xi (MYSTERY)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Nawazuddin Siddiqui (TALAASH: THE ANSWER LIES WITHIN)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Makiko Watanabe (CAPTURING DAD)
BEST SCREENWRITER: Mei Feng, Yu Fan, Lou Ye (MYSTERY)
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER: Touraj Aslani (RHINO SEASON)
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGNER: Bahman Ghobadi, Daryoosh Peiro (RHINO SEASON)
BEST COMPOSER: Pritam Chakraborty (BARFI!)
BEST EDITOR: Mototaka Kusakabe (THE KIRISHIMA THING)
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: Farbod Khoshtinat (RHINO SEASON)
BEST COSTUME DESIGNER: Man Lim-Chung (THE SILENT WAR)
MY FAVORITE ACTOR: Eddie Garcia (BWAKAW)
MY FAVORITE ACTRESS: Jo Min-Su (PIETA)
EXCELLENCE IN ASIAN CINEMA: Michelle Yeoh (Yeung Chi King)
TOP GROSSING ASIAN FILM: LOST IN THAILAND

No comments:

Post a Comment