Monday, October 21, 2024

[2024.10.22] ANGUS YEUNG'S "ULTIMATE MOVE" ALMOST TURNS INTO AN ACCIDENT

Catherine Chau, Angus Yeung and Macy Ma promote their new film.
courtesy of mingpao.com

Catherine Chau, Angus Yeung and Macy Ma promote their new film.
courtesy of mingpao.com

Angus Yeung Tin Yue and Macy Ma Sihui, a member of the girl group VIVA, took the leads in the movie INEXTERNAL (LUI YING OI HUP). Yeung Tin Yue trained his body to its fittest to face the series of action. He even used an ultimate move to spin sideways at high speed twice but almost had an accident. With a Chinese dance background, Macy easily performed kicking high above the head, but when practicing the split she fell to the ground, got injured and had to undergo surgery.

In the film Yeung Tin Yue lives an ordinary life and is driven by fate to enter the underground world, where he meets Candice Yu On On, Catherine Chau Ka Yee and Ma Sihui. They lead him to understand himself anew. Chau Ka Yee is engaged in massage and funeral business, and is a capable fighter, but in the film she does not have to fight; she has to work harder and use her subconscious to save Yeung Tin Yue in his sickbed. As for Macy she mainly punches and kicks this time, killers have been in pursuit of her and she has to ally with Yeung Tin Yue. However she hits Yeung Tin Yue the most. For her first time making fight scenes, Macy also for the first time goes to work out and have boxing training at the gym. With her Chinese dance foundation she is limber, so she can do a split or even kicking above her at will.

Did the two have any intimate scenes besides fight scenes? The two of them laughed and said that they had a little flirtation, and as for the intimate scene, they asked the audience to go to the theater to watch it. Yeung Tin Yue said with a smile that in the film Ka Yee used massage cream to rub his chest, which was unforgettable. He still remembered at the time Ka Yee asked the director how she should rub, and told him to be careful as it might be cold. Ka Yee responded with a smile: "I don't remember, I look all emotional, but when I get to those spot I am shy, do you sense I am a little shy?" Yeung Tin Yue replied with a smile, "A little!" Ka Yee smiled and said, "I don't remember that because I am serious about acting, his big chest muscles don't distract me, I am very concentrated and very professional!" Yeung Tin Yue also said that he was not embarrassed during filming, because he had to be topless most of the time in the film. However it would be very hard to wear no shirt and no protective pads during the filming. The film was filmed three years ago, so far the callous on his hands remained on his palms. "When I trained, I had to lift iron and do street workouts, and I only had a month to prepare, six days a week, four hours a day I trained until my muscles were dehydrated. In addition I had to learn different martial arts, including Brazil Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga, Taekwondo, boxing and Muay Thai, which were really physically exhausting and I often got injured. However at that time I was at the fittest in my life." He also pointed out that he had to follow the diet, quitting carbohydrates to slim down and only having vegetables and chicken. The production used up a lot of energy, which made his muscles shrink. When Louis Cheung Kai Chung saw that he has lost a lot of weight, "He gave a chocolate energy bar to me. After eating it I really got big again and the feeling was so sweet."

Yeung Tin Yue recalled that he almost had an accident when filming an ultimate move on wires. The ultimate move was that he first straightened his arms and feet, rolled him up in a wire then pulled away. He spun twice in mid air at high speed horizontally like a pen; that day he only had a little vegetable and a small piece of meat. He saw a can of energy drink on the makeup table, so he drank it. He was originally very tired, and his heart beat so fast. As soon as he took his mark he shot this ultimate move. "After about 10 takes, the director asked the staff to let me down because he saw that my face and lips have gone pale. When I got down, I was so dizzy. Only I didn't know while on the wires. Luckily the director finally accepted the take and I didn't have to shoot again." He often got hurt while making this film. He smiled bitterly that the acupuncturist also became his friend. He tried to shake off the callous in the palm of his hand, but the most injured were his ribs, his waist, his calves and so many positions that he has forgotten, he only knew that he had to apply medicine wine everyday during that time, and he still have old wounds. Macy also laughed and pointed out that everyone went to acupuncture together, and she accidentally fell to the ground and tore the cartilage tissue of the hip joint when she was practicing a split, and she had to undergo a minor surgery to recover.

Yeung Tin Yue and Macy are both in lead roles for the first time, and they are full of expectations for the film. Yeung Tin Yue said, "There are expectations, there is a lot of pressure, and I would worry about the box office!" Macy joked, "I use my subconscious: 'Box office hit'!" The two said that they wanted to do their best to promote, and Ka Yee proposed: "Yeung Tin Yue should not wear a shirt to promote, or add a shirt outside, then I will say the shirt needs to be fixed as an excuse and pull the shirt open. Macy would perform a kick to the head." The two of them agreed and laughed, "We can consider that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment