Monday, April 5, 2010

[2010.04.06] JIANG WENLI DIRECTS FOR THE FIRST TIME

Gu Changwei, Jiang Wenli
courtesy of takungpao.com

Gu Changwei's wife Jiang Wenli directed her first film SAN (LET'S MEET IN HEAVEN) two days ago held a press conference in Beijing. Guests included Mr. and Mrs. John Woo (Ng Yu Sum), Jiang Wen, Stanley Tong Kwai Lai and Pu Cunxin. Of course her husband Gu Changwei was present, but they had zero contact and no exchange.

Gu Changwei and Jiang Wenli have worked together on FAREWELL MY CONCUBINE (BA WONG BIT GEI). This time for his wife's promotion to a director Gu Changwei did not assist with the production. He explained, "In the beginning she asked me to be the photography director, but after I read the first draft I thought I should hide the further the better so I wouldn't mess it up." Gu Changwei humorously said that if he joined in this film's quality would decline a lot. However after watching the film he was very satisfied with his wife's performance. He said, "I truly felt very touched and very surprised. A lot of what she shot felt very intimate to me."

Famous international director Ng Yu Sum also had nothing but praise for Jiang Wenli's work. He said, "From this movie I truly can't tell it was her debut as the director. In addition without using any special effects it was very well made, very realistic. (Did she pass as a first time director?) She passed! By very much!"

No comments:

Post a Comment