Thursday, April 1, 2010

[2010.04.02] HUO SIYAN SUFFERS FOR COMEDY?

courtesy of takungpao.com

Mainland actress Huo Siyan recently joined the film LUNG FUNG DIM (DRAGON PHOENIX SHOP) to play a mad princess. For her first comedy performance Huo Siyan gave up her pristine image and gave her all to demonstrate her comic abilities. As for her first time co-star Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai), Huo Siyan not only praised him as an "extinct nice guy" but also tempted Siu Chai with her figure. She boldly said, "If I would marry someone I would marry Yam Yin Chai!" as she swore to test Siu Chai's determination.

Huo Siyan has often played pitiful characters. After opening her film market is MY NAME IS FAME (NGOR YIU SING MING), she worked on films like THE LEGEND OF THE FIST, THE RETURN OF CHEN ZHEN (JING MO FUNG WON). Recently she joined the film LUNG FUNG DIM to work with Yam Yin Chai and Big S Barbie Hsu (Tsui Hei Woon). For her first comedy, Huo Siyan said, "I play a mad, noisy, crazy and super nagging princess, which is very different from my small screen image!"

Huo Siyan said, "A reporter asked me what character I would like to challenge the most, I said comedy. Now I realize that comedy truly is very tough, it's not easy making people laugh. In addition this time I even learned that comedy is a physical job, because the action and the expressions have to be more exaggerated than normal. With all the eye and brow movements, I even have a few more wrinkles around the eyes! I have many lines too and I have to read them fast. Every line ran out of me and made me thirsty from saying them. I had to drink several bottles of water. In addition, my princess image is very elegant, the hairstylist not only stuffed me with a lot of wigs but also stabbed all the accessories on my head, they kept falling down as I am numb from scratching my scalp."

As for co-star Yam Yin Chai, Huo Siyan was obviously gentler. "Brother Siu Chai is truly an 'extinct nice guy'! Serious, professional, attentive and a gentleman, while waiting for our marks around noon on the set, he would politely block out the sun fro me. He took great care of the ladies. During the shoot he would pay special attention to bring his co-star's emotions in, he is a very great co-star." From Lau Ching Wan to Francis Ng Chun Yu, Donnie Yen Chi Tan and Yam Yin Chai, actors who worked with Huo Siyan were all industry recognized "nice guys". If she had to pick one for a husband, Huo Siyan slyly reached for the closest. "Of course he will be Brother Siu Chai, if I would marry I would marry Yam Yin Chai!"

No comments:

Post a Comment