Monday, July 18, 2011

[2011.07.19] RAYMOND WONG CONTINUES HIS CLASSIC WITH MAGIC


courtesy of on.cc


courtesy of mingpao.com

Wilson Yip, Tonny Jan, Raymond Wong, Wu Jing
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Raymond Wong Pak Ming produced, Wilson Yip Wai Shun directed new film MAGIC TO WIN (HOI SUM MOR FAT) two nights ago shot a highly difficult wire action scene with Wu Jing in the old amusement park set in the studio. Also on hand were Mainland magician Tonny Jan. While waiting for his shoot he even performed magic for Wu Jing and Wong Pak Ming.

Wong Pak Ming said that MAGIC cost US$10 million, a continuation of HAPPY GHOST (HOI SUM GWAI) which had over 20 years of history. He said. "Many people ask me to make a continuation of HAPPY GHOST, yet in recent years all of my efforts have been in action films like the IP MAN series. I also had the ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL (GA YAU HEI SI) series to make, so I didn't have time."

Wong Pak Ming revealed that earlier he and Yip Wai Shun talked about making the HAPPY GHOST series. Finally they chose to make a movie about magic; he also said that over 20 years ago he already made a movie about magic like HARRY POTTER. HAPPY GHOST used new comers in every film, this time Wong Pak Ming as usual chose a young actress. He said, "When I made ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL 2011 (JUI KEUNG HEI SI), some asked why I would pay all that money for (Cecilia Cheung) Pak Chi's comeback and not use someone new. Because that film required star power, I had to wait until I had a chance for new comers to show their potential."

No comments:

Post a Comment