Sunday, January 1, 2012

[2012.01.01] DONNIE YEN TURNS TO MUSIC?



courtesy of on.cc

Donnie Yen Chi Tan for the Lunar New Year film ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL 2012 (BAK SING PO HEI) played a rocker and let go along with co-star Sandra Ng Kwan Yu for comedy.  After his earlier rock look his new song's music video was released today to celebrate the New Year.

Chi Tan with long hair and a guitar reprised Sam Hui Koon Kit's classic hits GENIUS AND IDIOT and GENIUS IDIOT DREAM and was quite a pleasant surprise.  Even his wife Cissy Wang joked, "I have never seen my hubby like this!"  She joked that with just a glimpse she thought Chi Tan changed nationalities.

Chi Tan who changed from his always serious ways was very satisfied with his look.  "Originally when boss (Raymond) Wong Pak Ming asked me to play this character, I was supposed to be a soccer player.  However I regained my confidence in music so I suggested the change to a rocker.  I spent two months before the shoot on guitar practice, my friends said that I played convincingly.  Hopefully viewers would like
it."

Reportedly, Wong Pak Ming was interested with the film's DVD release to release a solo record for Chi Tan to fulfill his singer dream.  Chi Tan humbly said, "This time I am just messing around so I have no pressure, but I really never thought about invading the music scene.  I don't think I am ready yet."

Actually when Chi Tan was working on television he already performed a series theme song.  More than a decade later, he again returned to the studio for acting.  Chi Tan still thought it was refreshing.  "Hui Koon Kit is a singer who I have always admired.  Being able to sing his work, I am very happy.  (Will you compete for the music rookie award next year?)  I wouldn't mind, but the most important is for viewers to see my sincerity."

No comments:

Post a Comment