Tuesday, January 17, 2012

[2012.01.18] DENISE HO SHOWS HER TRUE NATURE IN COMEDY

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

Singer Denise Ho Wan Si in recent years tried making movies and performing on the stage, both had good responses.  Most recently Ah Si participated in the Lunar New Year film I LOVE HONG KONG 2012 (2012 NGOR OI HK HEI SEUNG GA HEI) and worked with comedy veterans like Eric Tsang Chi Wai, Teresa Mo Shun Kwan, and Stanley Fung Shui Fan; which made Ah Si feel very happy, Sister Mo even praised her for having comedy potential.  Ah Si said that she was very dull, loved rotten gags, homonyms, only her usual cool image misdirected everyone.

Ah Si said that usually she looked very cool, so when she played comedy or more exaggerated characters everyone would say actually Ah Si was like this.  Actually this was her true nature.  She said, "Let me try and change to become comedy singer."  In the past Ah Si made the Lunar New Year LOOK FOR A STAR (YAU LUNG HEI FUNG), but that was a romantic comedy.  This was a pure comedy.

Speaking her lackluster performance at the award shows last year, would she make more movies in the future instead?  She said, "Last year's performance was close to my goal, it wasn't bad!  However deep inside I like making movies, but people have to ask me to first.  However I would be choosy as well.  (What movie would you definitely decline?)  For the general public's consideration, more naked scenes I won't take.  Abusing everyone would be pointless.  (Yet this could break through and challenge yourself?)  Ha, challenge the general public's patience?  If one day I would want to retire or mess with my career, then I would do this."

Ah Si said that she took roles based on the director and the script.  She would not anything that was too casual and lacked sincerity.  Some pointed out that the producer this time Tsang Chi Wai was very "rotten".  He often slept on the set.  Ah Si defended him, "He was very serious.  Although he slept on the set, sleeping didn't mean that he wasn't serious.  Once after we finished one or two scenes, he immediately met with everyone to discuss them in hopes of finding even funnier spots.  To me, he was a very serious director and producer."

This time in the film Ah Si had the most scenes with Bosco Wong Chung Chak.  Their kiss scene on Sai Yeung Choi Street made her feel very embarrassed.  She said, "That was the first scene on the first day of work.  I thought the directors were deranged, the most emotional emotional scene and bed scene were shot on the first day.  (Why were you embarrassed?) That was Sunday in the center of the busy city, the whole street was looking.  To keep from bad takes, I kissed with all my might like a squid, so Wong Chung Chak joked that my mouth was like a suckling cup.  However it was an experience.  (Did you discover that his tongue was very short?)  We haven't developed to that stage.  This time we only used lips.  I luckily did not experience his short tongue.  (Too short would be hard to experience?)  No matter how short it's there!  I don't know, it's not up to me to experience.  Leave it for Television Queen (Myolie Wu Hung Yi) to experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment