Wednesday, December 4, 2013

[2013.12.05] NICK CHEUNG KISSES A TRANSGENDER

courtsy of mingpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai's kiss with transgender Poyd in the film THE WHITE STORM (SO DUK) has become a topic. Earlier he admitted that he had to overcome a mental obstacle and evne joked that after the shoot he could not breathe at all and felt that he would soon suffocate and faint; director Benny Chan Muk Sing said, "You are so brave, I was very worried that I would have eaten Poyd!"

With little performance experience, Poyd had to perform a passionate romance with Ka Fai. To bring himself into character she used the most direct but a little dumb method of sticking to Ka Fai on the set. She chatted with him and stared at him for no reason. However, she said, "The consequence of doing so led to the suspicion of many. Lau Ching Wan once asked me, 'You didn't really fall for him? He has a wife and a daughter!' At that time I thought I seemed to have done it, haha!" Ka Fai at first felt Poyd's initiative was very awkward, later he got used to it and felt that it was not love but professionalism. Poyd revealed that during the kiss scene he said, "You have to stick out your tongue." Ka Fai explained, "I was scaring her, I was afraid that she lacked experience and would not be in character enough. I wouldn't take such an initiative!"

No comments:

Post a Comment