Tuesday, December 10, 2013

[2013.12.11] RICHIE JEN CONSIDERS SHU QI FOR HIS LEAD ACTRESS

courtesy of on.cc
Tony Leung Ka Fai and old flame Luisa Lai
courtesy of mingpao.com

Tony Leung Ka Fai yesterday attended Esquire Hong Kong's luncheon. Old flame Luisa Lai Chi San was also present. Leung Ka Fai said that both he and Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) are the 2013 Men of the Year, but he was a homebody while Siu Chai was more extroverted. How did he stay in shape? Leung Ka Fai humorously said, "I don't have to, because Man of the Year will very soon become history!" He said that he was direct, but he never indulged with his lifestyle and diet habit. After recovering from his rib injury recently, he even studied Latin Dance with Kelly Chen Wai Lam to slim down.

Anita Mui Yim Fong's memorial concert will take place on the 30th. Leung Ka Fai was trying to work out a schedule with Tsui Hark for him to return to Hong Kong and attend. However he will not be on the stage. "(Eric) Tsang Chi Wai and (Jacky) Cheung Hok Yau overcame a lot of obstacles so this concert won't come by easily. It had a lot of problems within. Although Ah Mui is no longer here, she still has such a grand party. I am this year's Man of the Year, how can I not attend?"

Yam Yin Chai is planning to direct and star in the film OI POR DIK PANG WU WAN (GRANDMA'S PENGHU BAY) and SEUNG SUM TAI PING YEUNG (HEARTBROKEN PACIFIC OCEAN). OI will be a romantic story and shoot in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. He would like to find a female star with a Mainland girl presence to star, like Shu Qi, Li Bingbing, Fan Bingbing or Vicki Zhao Wi. Thus he would not consider his company's Niki Chow Lai Kei or former co-star Sammi Cheng Sau Man.

Siu Chai said, "Boss (Peter) Lam Kin Ngok said that as long as I ask, he will invest. He is the Travel Development Council chair so I will have a lot of assistance; however I have to be responsible as well, the investment can't be too big. I have good luck with people, I have a lot of sponsorship. However I can't just take funding, I also have to control the budget. I believe if this time will be done well, in the future I will have even more funding."

Siu Chai said that the film will start production at the end of April, but he will prepare for his new record and concert at the same time. Thus he would be more than busy. Siu Chai said, "Making a movie is actually so hard, I really fooled myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment