Friday, July 4, 2014

[2014.07.05] CHOW YUN FAT GETS A RAISE FOR FROM VEGAS TO MACAU 2

Chow Yun Fat gets a raise for the sequel
Wong Jing, Yellow Dragon King and Andrew Lau
Andrew Lau faithfully prays for prequel success
Nick Cheung will play the 4 year old Angela Wang's father
Angela Wang
courtesy of on.cc

Last year Chow Yun Fat starred in FROM VEGAS TO MACAU (DOH SING FUNG WON), which made over 500 million RMB in the Mainland and HK$35 million in Hong Kong. No wonder Wong Jing and producer Andrew Lau Wai Keung decided to increase the production budget to 150 million RMB for the sequel for Fat Gor to continue to display his "new God of Gamblers" charm! Earlier Wong Jing and Andrew Lau Wai Keung picked a lucky day and flew to Thailand's White Dragon King Temple for the production start ceremony. The Yellow Dragon King host the entire ceremony. The actors including Fat Gor and Nick Cheung Ka Fai will fly there to start preparation for the shoot.

Originally Fat Gor planned to push VEGAS to next year, Wong Jing admitted that. "He said to wait a year first, I told him next year I will have to make my 100th film. I have already tailored another character for him." Wong Jing said that he added Fat Gor's salary as a sign of sincerity. Finally Fat Gor agreed after reading the script. As for how much of a raise Fat Gor got, Wong Jing said that it was a secret.

Another selling point for VEGAS 2 was Cheung Ka Fai's father and daughter relationship with the only 4 year old Angela Wang. Because they have not met yet, Ka Fai said that he had certain pressure. "I have been so busy I don't have time. I could only search for her information online. At first I thought she has quite the innocence and cuteness of a child. She will be my youngest co-star. I am afraid that I will have to spend more time on building a friendship with her. I can't just 'prop' up an adult pose. I think I will buy candy and little presents to cheer her up then."

No comments:

Post a Comment