Sunday, April 5, 2015

[2015.04.06] NG YUEN YI IS ON THE TVB BLACKLIST?

Richard Ng and Ng Yuen Yi
courtesy of mingpao.com

The film LITTLE BIG MASTER (NG GOR SIU HAI DIK HAU JEUNG) reached HK$ 25 million at the box office. The cast including Ng Yuen Yi, Richard Ng Yiu Han, Rain Lau Yuk Chui and Philip Keung Ho Man yesterday attended an audience appreciation event. Keung Ho Man said that cinema circuits have provided many shows and kept the cleaning crew busy. He urged the audience to take their trash with them and keep the place clean.

Ng Yuen Yi said that with the good word of mouth, the film could "sit at 3 and look forward to 4" as in HK$ 40 million at the box office. She said, "The Easter holiday box office was great, and good reviews have come in like the tide. My friend has watched it five times." Will she work on a series for TVB? Ng Yuen Yi said, "TVB wouldn't ask me. Back then when I left TVB for ATV, even when executives asked me to stay I still insisted on leaving. Maybe because of that they were mad. The world is round though, with a good script and director I would consider returning to TVB. Making a series is too tough, at my age I might not be able to take it."

Ng Yiu Han had the flu but still attended the event. He said about the box office, "At first I said to the boss, this genre would have a hard time breaking through at the box office and he shouldn't have too high of an expectation. After the release, I realized that many people were watching it again. I truly misread the whole thing." He said that he saw it twice. At the premiere his wife and son Carl Ng Ka Lung also succumbed to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment