Sunday, April 5, 2015

[2015.04.06] WAI YING HUNG SENSES THE DANGER OF HER CHARACTER

courtesy of singtao.com
Tang Wei in Piaget Possession ring and earrings
Sean Lau and Nina Paw are playfully mad
Huang Bo changes from his usual comedy method for DEAREST and receives a Best Actor nomination
Ng Man Tat with the Piage Emperador rose gold watch
Piaget sponsors the program photo shoot and adds the glitter to the stars
Kara Hui in Piaget Possession diamond amulet and Limelight Diamond watch
Best New Performer nominee Jacky Cai in a Piaget platinum diamond ring and Possession platinum diamond watch
courtesy of mingpao.com
Sean Lau
courtesy of on.cc

The 34th Hong Kong Film award will take place on April 19th at the Cultural Center. The event program's theme this year was "film fantasia" and invited many nominees to participate in the photo shoot, including Best Actor and Best Actress nominees Sean Lau Ching Wan, Huang Bo, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho), Sandra Ng Kwan Yu, Tang Wei, Vicki Zhao Wei and Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin, Best Supporting Actor and Actress nominees Wang Baoqiang, Lam Suet, Ng Man Tat, Alex Fong Chung Shun, Kenneth Tsang Kong, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi, Kara Wai Ying Hung, Fiona Sit Hoi Kei and Nina Paw Hee Ching. To coordinate with the theme, a famous Korean 3d computer special effect master was invited to assist with creating many fantastic photos. The program will be on sale in mid April.

During the shoot, everyone shared their nomination experience and expectations. Nominated with THE GOLDEN ERA, Tang Wei felt that this performance was the most exhausting one. "I am not saying that I didn't work hard before, but this is a real person, a person who truly has existed before. Thus she had a lot that could help me, enable me to be able to go even further in depth without having to create a fictional figure with my imagination." Nominated with DEAREST for Best actor, Huang Bo said that he was very happy as it was a recognition for the entire team. "Actually when I read the script I was very afraid, I didn't dare to imagine how I would react if the same thing happened to a father like me. Thus during the performance I hope to act as simply as possible, different from my previous interpretations. I had no pressure at all about winning or not because the entire event was a learning process for me. Being nominated was already an enormous encouragement for me."

Last year's Best Supporting Actress Wai Ying Hung was nominated again this year, but she felt a lot of pressure from her THE MIDNIGHT AFTER character. "I sensed the pressure as I shot, because the online novel and the book didn't have this character. THE MIDNIGHT AFTER was very popular online. When many readers were familiar with the world in the novel, I thought it was dangerous to play an all new character that would give them a familiar feeling." As for her chances, she joked, "Of course every time I have been nominated I would say 1/5, but I feel that the contest ultimately has a little gambling elements. The bet is on which genre the jury would like." After over ten years away from the Hong Kong film industry Ng Man Tat received a Best Supporting Actor nomination as soon as he came back with ABERDEEN (HEUNG GONG JAI). He said that the nomination was all due to everyone's support. He also had certain confidence about winning the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment