Friday, April 24, 2015

[2015.04.25] DANTE LAM ACCEPTS AN AWARD DESPITE CONTROVERSY

Hins Cheung changes the lyrics to his song FOREVER YOUNG from "Ding Dong" to "Hong Kong"
courtesy of mingpao.com
Anthony Wong and Olivia Yan
Dante Lam personally accepts the award
courtesy of on.cc

Anthony Wong Chau Sun and Hins Cheung King Hin last night were guest presenters at the 2014 Hong Kong Art Development Award. Director Dante Lam Chiu Yin received the film industry's artist of the year, which led to objections. Chau Sun said, "I don't think it's any dispute, his score is very high. (Are you worried that lacking acceptance?) Do you lose acceptance just because a few people disagree? It's very overbearing to want everyone's acceptance. Lam Chiu Yin isn't bad." Chau Sun admitted that the entire matter has become very awkward. He apologized on behalf of the drama side.

Director Gordon Chan Ka Seung presented the award to Lam Chiu Yin. He claimed to be Lam Chiu Yin's mentor and that Tsui Hark was his mentor. Chan Ka Seung said to Tsui Hark, "I am not better than you in anything, but my disciple is better than your disciple." Lam Chiu Yin said that he attended out of respect for the event and art. He also thanked his mentor Chan Ka Seung for giving him a lot of opportunities to practice. "As an assistant director I hoped a director would give me a chance, I never thought that I would have it so quickly. Although the pressure was huge, it was able to very quickly make me grow. This honor belongs to the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment