Thursday, April 16, 2015

[2015.04.17] PATRICK TAM WINS TWO ACTORS WITH TEACHER STUDENT ROMANCE

Kathy Yuen, Patrick Tam, Rachel Lam
courtesy of on.cc

Busy with IP MAN 3 in the Mainland, Patrick Tam Yiu Man with the film THE MERGER (NGOR MOON TING JIN BA!) won Best Actor in a New York film festival and Best Supporting Actor in a San Diego Independent Film Festival. Ah Tam said, "Winning two awards at once, I feel very honored to be able to receive recognition overseas!" Playing an autistic teacher Ah Tam had "teacher student romance" with Rachel Lam and Kathy Yuen (Tong Yi). However Ah Tam said that the entire film came from a dramatic angle and had no sexual content. "When I got the script I learned that I had to act autistic and a teacher, I felt a little odd. I even had to have a crush on a female student. I have never played this type of characters. I never expected to win awards with it. I really have to take the story creator Rachel Lam to dinner! I would get a luxury van for himself as an reward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment