Wednesday, May 30, 2018

[2018.05.31] LEE KIN YAN THANKS STEPHEN CHOW

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

"Yu Fa" Lee Kin Yan and "Sugar Cone Fai" Cheng Man Fai's new film WONG GOK LO PAU CHONG DONG BUK (MONGKOK OLD GUNS IN THE NORTHEAST) two nights ago held a charity premiere. Lee Kin Yan said that in the film he would have a family scene that he has never played in his career before. "I have been working in the Mainland for 15 years and made many different films. Some have already departed from cross dressing, I have even played an emperor and a hero. This time I would dress as a woman still, I would be abused then I would rise." He said that the film had a Hong Kong and Northeast crossover element, with the Northeast dialect and "HK Putonghua" it would be pretty funny. "I originally didn't know how to speak Putonghua, while working in the Mainland I learned slowly. Now others understand what I am saying; instead Sugar Cone Fai's Putonghua, no one understands too well. Luckily his body language is decent." Also a writer, Cheng Man Fai revealed that he gave his on screen first kiss to Mainland actress Xi Meili. It was her first time too. Lee Kin Yam was envious. "He told me sorry, next time he would arrange it for me."

Speaking of Stephen Chow Sing Chi's current MERMAID 2 production, would they take part? Lee Kin Yan said that he was busy with a series in Hengdian then a detective film with Cheng Man Fai. He might not have room on his schedule. "He raised us. Because of his movies so many in the Mainland like us. Now we have the chance to play the leads. I am grateful from the heart for all his help along the way, without him we wouldn't be here. I really hope to have a chance to work with him again."

No comments:

Post a Comment