Thursday, May 30, 2019

[2019.05.31] STANLEY KWAN CREDITS HIS WOMEN'S FILM EXPERTISE TO HIS MOTHER

courtesy of on.cc

Director Stanley Kwan Kam Peng talked about his expertise in "women movies" on the radio and joked that it might have to do with prenatal education from his mother. Because Mama was a movie fan, from pregnant to after birth she constantly took him to the movies. He revealed that when he was little he would walk to school to save up for the movies. When his documentary participated in the Venice Film Festival he came out and revealed that one part of the film THE ABSENT FATHER was his own experience. "Papa passed away when I was 13. I remembered he always took him to the bath house to wash my back. When I was little I really liked wu xia films, their same sex loyalty, men could take up arms for their brothers and walk through fire. This type of relationship was very wonderful."

No comments:

Post a Comment