Saturday, February 1, 2014

[2014.02.02] DONNIE YEN NAMES NICHOLAS TSE AND ANDY TIEN AS SUCCESSORS

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of mingpao.com

Donnie Yen Chi Tan spoke with Commercial Radio and said that he used to be "someone who hid himself". After marriage his wife Cissy Wang released his truest nature from within and enabled him to find himself. "We too would argue, but I wouldn't mind admitting I am wrong first. I wouldn't lose my home over winning an argument."

Yen Chi Tan has two sons and daughter. To his older son from his previous marriage, he admitted that he owed him. "I of course feel guilty. The previous marriage wasn't too healthy. At the time I still haven't learned how to be a father. Now my relationship with my older son is very distant; until my current wife gave me two children, I finally learned how to be a good father."

Speaking of the lack of action film actor successors, Yen Chi Tan disagreed that martial art actors had no successor but admitted that suitable actors were harder and harder to find. Among the new generation of martial art actors, he admired Andy Tien (On Chi Kit) and Nicholas Tse Ting Fung more.

Chi Tan who has worked twice with Ting Fung said, "Today action actors don't have to have previous training. Ting Fung has a passion for martial arts, he wouldn't practice just for movies. Normally he likes to study martial arts."

Chi Tan also thought that On Chi Kit had potential. "He is very nice and is very willing to learn". Chi Tan humbly said that he did not dare to admit that he was their elder, but as a colleague he would gladly share his experience and felt that every martial art actor had potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment