Thursday, March 6, 2014

[2014.03.07] CHRISTIE CHEN THANKS NICK CHEUNG FOR SAVING HER FROM A BREAKDOWN

courtesy of on.cc

Mainland artist Christie Chen Sixuan worked on the Emperor Motion Picture THAT DEMON WITHIN (MOR GAING) with Nick Cheung Ka Fai and Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho). It was also her first female lead in a Hong Kong film. Her character was rather challenging as she played a female cop with a lot of emotional scenes. Rarely making movies in Hong Kong, she said that the production culture was drastically different from the Mainland. She explained, "Hong Kong and Beijing have different cultures and languages. When I first arrived in Hong Kong I was scared, because not being able to understand Cantonese made the performance difficult. I had to learn a lot from the beginning!"

Sixuan praised how hard Hong Kong people worked. The team was demanding and opened up her eyes. She continued, "THAT DEMON WITHIN is a suspense, I have to play a lot of emotional scenes. During the shoot everyone was heavy emotionally. At the time I didn't have a lot of exchanges with Daniel because we maintained a complicated mood for the production." Daniel felt guilty about being too in character and forgot about taking care of Sixuan. Speaking of working with two good actors, Sixuan thanked Cheung Ka Fai for teaching her how to act. She said, "When we shot THAT DEMON WITHIN, I had pressure inside for too long. Suddenly I felt I couldn't act. I then said to Brother Ka Fai, 'Brother Ka Fai, you have to help me. I feel like I can't act!' Later he sat with me on the lawn and chatted for a long time. After that I was much more comfortable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment