Sunday, December 5, 2021

[2021.12.05] ANITA MUI'S NEPHEW PLANS TO VISIT MOTHER MUI

courtesy of on.cc


When Ann Mui (left) passed away in 2000, Anita Mui promised her sister to take care of the children.  However she lost touch with them, a regret that she carried to the end.

Currently in Vancouver, Poon Man Ho plans to visit Mother Mui soon

ANITA director Longman Leung and Radio Hong Kong's Che Suk Mui
courtesy of mingpao.com

Radio Hong Kong program host Che Suk Mui recently invited the film ANITA's director Longman Leung to be her guest as he personally answer questions from Anita Mui Yim Fong's fans after his film production. Sister Suk Mui even successfully interviewed Mui Yim Fong's older nephew Poon Man Ho overseas.

The Hong Kong Film Award Best Screenplay and Best Director winner Longman Leung was a Mui Yim Fong fan himself, also because of film company boss Bill Kong Chi Keung made the film ANITA. After the film was released, Mui Yim Fong fans had three questions for Director Leung. Why did he "white wash" the Japanese singer (in the film)? Longman Leung said, "I believe that he (that Japanese singer) was Sister Mui's first love. In a girl's eyes, first love wouldn't be bad, or some things she (Sister Mui) did not want to know, or even be chronicled......thank you (film company) boss for taking the responsibility to notify the Japanese singer. In the film his full name was not used out of respect for him."

As for why Sister Mui would argue with her sister when her sister got married? Director Leung said, "Because at that era when her sister got married it meant that she lost a family member that she grew up with and could rely on. I believed she (Sister Mui) personally wouldn't be willing to express that type of reluctant emotions to everyone."

Finally, Sister Mui already announced that she would no longer accept any further award long go. She probably would not be upset over the "Most Popular Female Singer" award. Director Leung said, "We only designed an opportunity for Sister Mui to tell that she did not transition to charity work due to the later generation catching up. She could live with her conscience over why she started."

In addition, after losing contact with his aunt Mui Yim Fong for 21 years, Ann Mui Oi Fong's older son Poon Man Ho earlier on social media said that he already watched ANITA at the movies and shared his feelings on a post. Sister Suk Mui successfully interviewed Ho Man in Canada over a long distanced call.

Poon Man Ho said, "Actually I have been living her since the 6th grade! When I found out about this movie, I had to watch it. It must tell a lot about Mommy and Auntie. Daddy, little brother also watched it......in my impression, Mommy was a very fitting Mommy. She put a lot of effort into raising me and little brother. She was a very positive and optimistic person, no matter what difficulty she ran into she would face it with a smile -- just like in the movie. Auntie was a very direct, very successful, very strong person. She really liked to tell jokes to cheer up those around her, and put others first at every moment. When I was little I was a little afraid of her, because her voice was very powerful and dignified. I don't remember what she has yelled at me, but I really was a little afraid of her. I knew she was a big star. She was someone who would never give up. In the film she said, 'As long as you have confidence, nothing in the world would be difficult!' This was exactly what she told us with her life."

Sister Suk Mui asked, "Did you know that Auntie was always looking for you?"

Poon Man Ho said, "I only found out recently......at the time we were in Hong Kong, we didn't know she was looking for us. If we did, Daddy definitely would have brought me and little brother back to see her. So when I found out she had the intention to find us, and it was her final wish, I was really heartbroken. Now that I am grown, I can help her with fulfilling that wish. In other words she was able to find us! Actually for the past two or three years, only from my contacts with Aunties' fans did I find out about this movie. Only then did I find out about this, they were the ones who told me......"

Poon Man Ho talked about his life, "I am 28, I have a girlfriend but am not married yet. I am working in IT. Little brother is great too, he is working on a film post production IT job. Daddy is great, in great health, very healthy. I too want to come back to Hong Kong. If I could, I would come back in half a year. The last time I came back was in 2017. This time I would visit Grandma. She is 98, I really want to come back and see her." He also said that he would watch ANITA four times, once every few days, until its run would end, because each time he would have a different experience.

Sister Suk Mui asked, "Did you want to promise anything to Mommy and Auntie?"

Poon Man Ho said, "I have to properly grow up, and treat myself and people around me like they did......Auntie said that she wished one night, when everyone went to gaze at the stars after dinner they would remember her, a friend who once brought us a little joy. They would remember her name was Mui Yim Fong. I would always remember them, forever and ever be proud of them!" Man Ho also added, "Actually my little brother and I really wanted to thank Auntie for the educational funding Auntie left us, so we were able to successfully finish our education and now have a pretty good job."

Sister Suk Mui said, it was very rare for a young person to be able to remember where they came from.

The late music diva Anita Mu Yim Fong's brother Mui Kai Ming earlier filed a lawsuit with the Superior Court, citing Edko Films' movie ANITA infringed upon the Mui Yim Fong trademark he owned, requested the court to prohibit the film company's continuing trademark infringement and seek compensations for the damages it caused.

Mui Yim Fong's mother Tam Mei Kam (Mother Mui) in a recent interview however turned the barrel on his son, scolding him for being "money obsessed" as she had no idea about his lawsuit against the film company. This incident was only her son's idea and he has not discussed it with her at all. She even disagreed with how her son handled the matter, but she could not stop him. Mother Mui revealed that recently she and her son has been somewhat at odds. Mother Mui yesterday again drew the line with her. "I Mui Tam Mei Kam over my son Mui Kai Ming's recent lawsuit with the court to seek compensation from Edko Films Co. Ltd. for trademark infringement declare that I have never personally participated in this matter, and would not participate in any future related matter and discussion, hence issuing this statement."

Being called "money obsessed" by Mother Mui, Mui Kai Ming responded lightly with "What's the problem?" He said that he and Mama had no problem. They still lived together, saw each other everyday, only Mother Mui went to the hospital for two weeks due to illness from aging.

No comments:

Post a Comment