Thursday, October 12, 2023

[2023.10.11] MUI NATION'S "A LEGACY. A LEGEND #ANITA_MUI" EXHIBITION OPENS

Music diva Anita Mui passed away from cancer in 2003

Remus Choy still remembers his wonderful time with mentor Anita Mui

Ramon Lo is a super Anita Mui fan

Denise Ho remembers Anita Mui with a past photo share
courtesy of mingpao.com

Yesterday would have been Anita Mui Yim Fong's 60th birthday. Her disciple Remus Choy Yat Kit, friend Anthony Lun Wing Leung, famous lyricist Cheng Kwok Kong, Ramon Lo Kai Ho, Cheung Man Sun, Che Suk Mui, Brian Chow Kwok Fung, Anita Chui Bik Ka and fashion designer Dorian Ho Kwok Ching attended the international fan club Mui Nation organized "a legacy. a legend #anita_mui" multimedia memorial exhibition opening ceremony. At the event everyone along with fans on hand wished Sister Mui Happy Birthday.

Sister Mui's disciple and the Grasshoppers member Choy Yat Kit said that because Calvin Choy Yat Chi and Edmond So Chi Wai were overseas, he represented them. Speaking of the 20th anniversary of Master's passing, he lamented how quickly time has passed. In his mind he would still recall his time with Sister Mui. "I really miss performing, playing, traveling, touring and doing charity work together, so I didn't get much sleep the night before."

Kit Jai also pointed out that he really hoped everyone would be able to pass on the spirit that Sister Mui left the people Hong Kong, especially Sister Mui's charitable work. He believed that if Sister Mui was still with us, after the pandemic she definitely would have led the charity work. Now he would also keep this spirit alive and participated in charitable deeds. Kit Jai also remembered something funny that happened while Sister Mui was doing charity work. "One night Sister Mui told us to have dinner at her place, after which she called for two trucks. They were filled with blankets and clothing. Then we went to different places to give them to the homeless. When we went under the Canal Road Flyover to deliver blanks to the homeless, he rejected it and even pushed Sister Mui away. However Sister Mui wanted him to take it. They pushed back and forth, later he got impatient and left. Sister Mui chased him and told him not to leave!" Kit Jai pointed out that he remembered this incident like it just happened. He felt that Sister Mui was a very thoughtful person, never boasting abut her charity work as it came from the heart.

Law Kai Ho said that since childhood under Mommy's influence, he liked to listen to Sister Mui's songs. He pointed out that Sister Mui was Mommy's only idol, and this was the first time he participated in Sister Mui's fan club activity. He said that his favorite Sister Mui's song was THE FINAL TIME. He also collected Sister Mui's CDs at home, and he would still listen to them now. Law Kai Ho also revealed that he has never watched Sister Mui's concert, which was his biggest regret. "Having never seen Sister Mui perform is my greatest regret, my sister who is a year and half older has seen it. I remember Sister Mui's 90s farewell concert, at the time I was only 6. The whole family went to see it but I wasn't a part of it. I still blame Mommy a little! Now I can only watch it on video."

He said that when he went to study overseas, on the flight he listened to Sister Mui's song WALK MY ROAD ALONE. He cried as he felt that the song was completely talking about him. He also said, "When I took part in MIDLIFE SHINE AND SING I didn't have the chance to choose Sister Mui's song. I hope on my own online channel I would be able to perform her songs."

Sister Mui's disciple Denise Ho Wan Si shared an old photo with Sister Mui on social media. "Earlier I needed to look for old photos, by chance I found treasure. Lately I often imagine, if you were here all along, what would be different about my life today? Would I be the same person? Would I still be sobbing inside but pretend to be fine on the outside? Would I still continue to be like before, going to your home every weekend for hot pot?"

"After 20 years, sometimes by chance I see these old photos, those days feel very, very far; but very wonderfully, you are still very, very close."

No comments:

Post a Comment