Monday, November 5, 2012

[2012.11.06] WILLIAM CHAN GETS CHOKED WHILE PROTECTING MICHELLE WAI



courtesy of on.cc

Artist William Chan Wai Ting in the Emperor Motion Picture TRIAD (JAT JIK) played a couple with Michelle Wai (Si Nga). In one scene mob big sister Irene Wan Bik Ha sent her subordinate to teach her a lesson and slap her. She was injured and bleeding. Chan Wai Ting in order to protect his girlfriend also was choked then busted open.

For the result to be even more realistic, Chan Wai Ting asked his co-star to hit him for real and thus took a lot of abuse. He said, "In the film I had to take a vicious beating that had me rolling on the ground, thus I told the director for me to rise I had to be able to take a beating." Si Nga after the slap was affected as well, as she had difficulty with leaving the character.

Si Nga in the film played a rich lawyer. She said that her typical Hong Kong woman personality was very different from the real her. She said, "I am not the type of Hong Kong women who have been spoiled. So in order to play the spoiled character I had to magnify what little spoiled I had in my heart infinitely large." In another scene she needed to spill an entire drink on Irene. She admitted that she felt the pressure. "Irene is an elder. I was already very nervous to work with her, not to mention throwing a drink on her! After the shoot I repeatedly apologized, throwing a drink is not too polite after all." Irene said, "Si Nga already throwing the drink repeatedly apologized, which made me a little sorry. We were just acting anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment