Sunday, November 2, 2014

[2014.11.02] CECILIA YIP DID NOT RESIST NUDITY

courtesy of on.cc
Stephen Au still has a TVB contract but he has been taking time off to work outside
Queenie Chu has no problem with daring scenes as long as they are not selling sex or nudity
Cecilia Yip says she was very brave, with a love scene with Leslie Cheung in her first film
courtesy of mingpao.com

Cecilia Yip Tung, Queenie Chu Wai Man, Anthony Chan Yau, Stephen Au Kam Tong and Susan Shaw Yam Yam yesterday attended a "Film Descendant Talk". Two time Hong Kong Film Award winning Best Actress Yip Tung has already been in the business for over 30 years. She admitted that she thought about if she would be able to teach, but she worried that she lacked the patience and never went through any actual acting training. Over the years that she has been in the business, she received help from many people. Thus she attended this forum and shared her personal acting experience as a contribution to society.

Speaking of her daring performance in NOMAD (LIT FOR CHING CHUN), she said that as a new comer, she completely was all courage. She said, "At the time I felt that actors were only tools of the director, so whatever the director wanted I had to coordinate as much as I could. In addition bed scenes were very natural, so at the time I wasn't resistant against performing. I was just very scared. Because I was under age, I had to spend a long time to convince and hypnotize myself. I also asked some film elders for their opinions. The most important was my trust for the production team. I just closed my eyes and did it because as an actor I had to complete it." She said that at the time her family objected, but she knew that the director and the production team were great. In addition she had many elders like Tina Ti as her reference. Thus to her she was only playing a character. Would she still dare to perform in the buff now? She joked, "Are you hiring me to? We will worry about that then!"

Chu Wai Man guest starred in films and admitted that she hoped to participate in more films in the future. Would she accept any daring performance? She said, "I have had daring performance at TVB! Although the film standard could be very wide, I would not perform in the nude. When I was in my 20s I would feel intimate and passion scenes were parts of life, if I had to perform them I wouldn't mind. As I grew older I became less brave, now I don't even dare to ride any roller coaster."

No comments:

Post a Comment