Monday, November 17, 2014

[2014.11.18] JOHNNIE TO RECEIVES HONORARY DEGREE



courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Johnnie To says that he has to thank many people for his honorary degree
Johnnie To celebrates with friends in Amigo in Happy Valley
Sammi Cheng dresses up for Johnnie To
Johnnie To's favorites Sammi Cheng and Richie Jen get many photo requests from graduates 
Raymond Wong and Lau Siu Ming are happy for To Sir
Anthony Wong
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Heung are planning for a film production next year
Liza Wang is one of the dinner guests
Wallace Chung returns to Hong Kong for Johnnie To
courtesy of mingpao.com

Director Johnnie To Kei Fung yesterday attended the Baptist University "55th honorary doctorate presentation ceremony" and received a honorary doctorate of literature. To Sir's friends Lee Tim Sing, Sylvia Chang (Cheung Ngai Ga), Kam Kwok Leung, Raymond Wong Ho Yin, Sammi Cheng Sau Man, Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) and Peter Lam Kin Ngok attended and congratulated him. At night To Sir treated his friends to a French dinner in Happy Valley to celebrate.

Sammi joked that since it was a big life event for To Sir, she had to attend. She said, "I am very happy, I am proud of him. However I didn't get him anything, I would give myself to him. I hope for any events big or small in his life, I would be invited to participate." Was To Sir very happy? Sammi said, "He actually was indifferent, but he respects every award very much. I feel at his stage in life, he has already passed relying on any award for his own recognition. He among filmmakers and the film industry has already received recognition, this is only a bonus. As someone around him, I feel like I won too. I am very happy, I cheer for him."

In a doctorate robe, To Sir after the ceremony accepted media interviews. He said, "I am pretty happy. I am not the only one who deserves the credit, only everything falls on me. Many bosses, actors, creators, screen writers, art and an many people created this opportunity." He said that this was already his second degrees. The first was an honorary academy degree, but he never personally thought about them. They all came from the environment. Speaking of Siu Chai and Sammi's special appearance, he said, "I feel really bad, they came all the way here. However since they want to I can't do anything about that."

In addition, earlier To Sir in a Mainland media interview praised Gao Yuanyuan but criticized Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi. He said that whatever he was asked he answered. He said, "Among so many actresses I know, I feel (Gao Yuanyuan) is very pure; not only in acting but also to family and mother. She could drop everything for her mother because her mother needs long term care. She probably is happy to have such a daughter. I wasn't saying Pak Chi is good or bad, but in life however much you give that is how much you get. Whatever you make or whatever you release, whatever you eat or whatever you give birth to, you don't need to say too much about. Everyone knows what is going on." Will he work with Pak Chi again? He said, "I think the chance is very low. Maybe she isn't right for my movies. I need some actors with focus, the ones who can follow me around for a few years."

No comments:

Post a Comment