Wednesday, August 3, 2016

[2016.08.03] NICK CHEUNG ADMITS TO GETTING OLD

courtesy of mingpao.com
Louis Koo and Nick Cheung talk about "brotherly love"



Zhang Huiwen has Nick Cheung's back
courtsy of on.cc

The film LINE WALKER (SI TOH HUNG JEH) has the original series director Jazz Boon (Man Wai Hung) at the helm, with help from Louis Koo Tin Lok, Nick Cheung Ka Fai and Francis Ng Chun Yu. The film even had to shoot a major gun fight scene in the Brazilian slum, which made the film much talked about. Speaking of the same few handful of Hong Kong actors monopolizing the scene like Goo Jai, Cheung Ka Fai, Sean Lau Ching Wan and others, Ka Fai who has directed in recent years hoped to have new local actors who would be able to follow them.

Adapting the hit television series LINE WALKER to the big screen, the film even moved the battlefield from Portland Street to Rio de Janeiro Brazil for the drug trade. When asked if they would feel any box office pressure, Ka Fai said, "First this series was a hit, it had 2 million viewers. If each person bought a HK$ 80 movie ticket, then took 30% discount the film would still make a profit. So for me there isn't no pressure." Goo Jai said, "This is Ka Fai's 'theoretical talk', he changed the question and brought the subject so far and very wide. For me there is no pressure." Speaking of Goo Jai's scene with sexy Korean star Clara, Goo Jai immediately said, "That swimsuit scene in the water took three tries and still couldn't be shot. As the girl walked out, I would guess that the team went 'wow' inside. I am certain that when everyone watch it they would be 'wowwed' too. The finale also took 3 days to shoot."

The story progressed to the mob drug lord power struggle. Cheung Ka Fai and Koo Tin Lok personally performed a series of explosive stunts. The shoot was rather thrilling as Koo Tin Lok went to the slum there with police protection. At the location he even heard gun shots, which stunned him for half a day. Koo Tin Lok said, "I had a lot of gun fight scenes, all of which were rather tough. In particular my finger hurt. Even so, actually (Chin) Kar Lok protected us very well." Cheung Ka Fai was asked about the difference of working with Koo Tin Lok again. Ka Fai said that they were closer. Ka Fai said, "The Young Master (Koo Tin Lok) and I had a very deep relationship in the film. Maybe I am really getting old, loyalty becomes important. When I was young, I didn't bother to look into that. Maybe when you watch a movie, you see the story is about loyalty and right after that you already forget about it. Now I am old, I feel loyalty is very important. Out in the world, colleagues and friends have to have loyalty. In the film I injected loyalty, whether he is right or wrong I stand by him with endless support." Goo Jai added, "Loyalty is a must, a pretty important principal in life. In our society, loyalty is pretty important."

Koo Tin Lok has 5 film releases in the summer. Speaking of in recent years the same few Hong Kong actors Goo Jai, Cheung Ka Fai, Lau Ching Wan and others monopolizing the scene, Ka Fai who recently has directed hoped to have new local actors who could succeed them. Ka Fai said, "Our generations want to have new local actors to be able to take our place too, but it is a commercial world. Th film industry's situation puts film in a very highly commercial condition to operate. It's very hard to tell a boss to find a new actor who may be a possible commercial problem to play a very important role. Thus we end up here."

Some online recently said that Koo Tin Lok and Cheung Ka Fai have become representatives of "Hong Kong Men" after Chow Yun Fat and Andy Lau Tak Wa. Ka Fai joked, "This is the better sounding way of saying it. The not so good way is what I said just now, I hope to give as much opportunity to the new comers as possible. No matter what we are still men of Hong Kong. I will still be a Hong Kong man on the day that I die."

"Mou Girl" Zhang Huiwen played Cheung Ka Fai's bodyguard in the film. She was willing to risk her life to save Ka Fai. Ka Fai had nothing but praise for his co-star. "I was under attack twice in the film, she saved me with her fist and her gun. She has a dance background, of course she is agile. However I wouldn't have guessed that for her first gun fight scene she was able to 'kill without even a brink' already. She really has quite a future ahead, as she has left me with a deep impression.

Playing an action role for the first time, Zhang Huiwen said, "Ka Fai is a very important and respected elder to me. I would also like to thank action Chin Kar Lok's attentive guidance. (Did you get hurt during the shoot?) That is very hard to avoid, but it's fine. Actually it's pretty fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment