Saturday, September 2, 2017

[2017.09.02] STEPHY TANG'S NEW FILM IS SELECTED FOR BUSAN

courtesy of on.cc

Stephy Tang Lai Yan, Rachel Leung Yung Ting, Zeno Koo Ting Hin starred in the new film OPUS I (LAM TIN BAK WON) was announced as a Busan International Film Festival New Currents competition selection. OPUS I was the first Hong Kong film to be selected since LOVER'S DISCOURSE (LUEN YU SHUI YU) in 2010. Playing a pregnant cop in the film, Tang Lai Yan was excited, "I really liked this script and this character, I have always looked forward to everyone's evaluation of this film. I am very happy now that I learn the film has been selected to be in the Busan Film Festival! I know that in the past 7 years no Hong Kong film has been selected. This selection is quite an honor! The director and the team all put a lot of effort into this film. I look forward to a good performance this time and to be able to bring the spotlight to Hong Kong film."

The director is the Hong Kong Film Award New Director Cheung King Wai, whose previous film KJ: MUSIC FOR LIFE received rave reviews. This time would be his first feature film, which would examine life through a young woman's murder of her parents. Director Cheung King Wai was very grateful. "To be able to bring a script that was written 16 years ago to the screen and remain loyal to myself, I have no regret. The rest is just be reaching for a bonus. Instead this selection for the competition is the greatest joy because the jury chair is Oliver Stone. He is one of the few directors who can wonderfully be 'non mainstream in the mainstream'. He is my role model."

No comments:

Post a Comment