Monday, September 9, 2024

[2024.09.10] PRODUCER BOWIE LAM CASTS STEPHY TANG TO INTERPRET THE DIRECTOR'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Stephy Tang did not know Taiwanese and felt a lot of pressure while making TALES OF TAIPEI

Producer Bowie Tsang team up with Stephy Tang and director Norris Wong to build momentum for their new film
courtesy of mingpao.com

Stephy Tang Lai Yan once again collaborated with the director of MY PRINCE EDWARD (GUM DOH) director Norris Wong Yee Lam again, to participate in a story in the Bowie Tsang Bo Yee produced film TALES OF TAIPEI. Already in Taiwan due to her marriage, Wong Yee Lam gave her a taste of becoming a Taiwanese bride to be. Bo Yee said that in addition to Stephy, the other nine stories in the film had other strong powers. She called all of them personally to invite them.

Stephy said that for her first time to participate in a Taiwanese film, she only filmed for 3 days and felt that it was not enough. This time she had the opportunity to work with Taiwanese actor Tsai Chen-nan, because she did not understand Taiwanese she felt stressed. She said, "However I went to Taiwan twice for a film and a series, both time I felt very happy about the experience. I really like Taiwan's rhythm and the little humor and cuteness, which makes me feel comfortable at work. I really want to go to Taiwan again for exchanges." In the film, she played a Taiwanese bride to be accompanying her further father in law to get vaccinated. How dd it feels? She laughed and said, "It feels pretty good. I took reference from director Wong Yee Lam, I saw her husband doing house chores and washing dishes. He was very kind and attentive to the director. (Do all Taiwanese boyfriends wash dishes?) Not every Taiwanese man is like this, it's such a coincidence!"

Wong Yee Lam said that after working with Stephy on MY PRINCE EDWARD, she would be reminded of Stephy no matter what job she was working on. "The TALES OF TAIPEI production had to be very precise, to be able to express the story in 10 minutes was very difficult. At one time, producer Tsang Bo Yee thought there were too many dialogues. Stephy played my personal story. My husband and I were still unmarried at the time, I waited with my future father in law for the vaccine and had to find film topics to talk about for two full hours. I found this little story to be very heartwarming."

The other nine stories in the film feature a strong cast including Sammi Cheng Sau Man, Lee Sinjie, Karena Lam Ka Yan and Ethan Juan. Tsang Bo Yee expressed her gratitude to everyone for their support; she knew that she might not be able to give the actors everything they needed, but everyone was still determined to complete the film. She laughed and said, "It wasn't because they respect me at all, it's just that I have a little thicker skin as I call and ask everyone in person. If I can ask, I can get them. If I can't it doesn't really matter. There will always be opportunities to work together next time. This time it is like winning the lottery. I was very happy to be able to see a Lunar New Year film's cast in the summer"

No comments:

Post a Comment