Tuesday, September 24, 2024

[2024.09.25] LOUIS CHEUNG PLANS TO DIRECT AND STAR IN A ROMANTIC COMEDY

Louis Cheung (left) and Sammy So (right) went to the Peak to attend a smart sports watch event.
courtesy of mingpao.com

Louis Cheung Kai Chung (Ah Chung) and KOLOR vocalist Sammy So Ho Choy went to the Peak to attend a smart sports watch event yesterday. Ah Chung said that running in the mountains while appreciating the scenery along the way was an unforgettable experience. He runs for several hours and burns a lot of calories. However, he does not have much experience in mountain running and mostly runs on flat roads. He trained hard for a marathon a few years ago for a movie role. "Running 10K, I ran it in 59 minutes at first , and then the fastest was 39 minutes. I participated in the half marathon that year, and finished in 93 minutes. Although I can enter the elite group, I didn't join, and I don't plan to challenge the full marathon. I will quit while I am ahead. Although the film was ultimately not made, I gained valuable experience and met a group of friends who run marathons. Now I keep jogging and exercising."

The film market in Hong Kong is weak, and Lunar New Year films are no longer popular. Recently, only the Mak Kai Kwong directed JUNG NUI JEH (MIDDLE AGED WOMEN DORMITORY) is in preparation. The film market in Malaysia is booming, with three Lunar New Year films in productions there. Ah Chung starred in one of them, I WANT TO BE RICH (JO GOR YAU JIN YUN). Ah Chung lamented, "The film market this year is really scary. The Hong Kong film industry is really having a hard time. I heard that (Edan) Lui Cheuk On's new film will be postponed; but as far as I know, some people are working on scripts despite this difficult period. I am the same, I plan to direct and act in a light-hearted romantic comedy. When the environment is not good, I have to come up with better scripts and find find some new subjects. I believe that if there is a good script, the audience will definitely come to the show." Ah Chung did not know whether RICH will be scheduled for a Lunar New Year release in Hong Kong. The film is adapted from a true story about how the Dato he plays built his fortune from scratch, which is very inspiring. He denied that he moved to work in Malaysia because of the downturn in the Hong Kong film market. "As an actor, I will go wherever there are opportunities and good scripts."

No comments:

Post a Comment