Sunday, September 8, 2024

[2024.09.09] LAU YUNG LOSES WEIGHT AND LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE FROM SKATEBOARDING WITH HIS SON

Lau Yung wants to start production on a movie about women
courtesy of mingpao.com

Director Lau Yung attended the opening ceremony of the "35th Hong Kong Lesbian and Gay Film Festival" the night before, and the opening film THE TIME OF HUANNAN's director Leading Li Ding and actor Chu Meng-hsuan made a special trip from Taiwan to Hong Kong to attend. Lau Yung said that he has been friends with Joe Lam, the director of the Lesbian and Gay Film Festival, for many years and has come to support him. Seeing that he had lost a lot of weight, Lau Yung said that he has been skateboarding with his 7-year-old son in the past two months, "I like to skateboard; my son has learned before but he didn't enjoy it. I didn't force him to learn, this year he suddenly wanted to try, so I accompanied him." Skateboarding has certain risks and can easily cause injury. He wanted his son to learn from his endless falls. "Children in this generation grow up with safety nets, but I don't want to do that. So every time my son falls, I have been very indifferent. I wouldn't be nervous and rush over to pick him up; I let him stand up on his own, knowing that injuries are not that of a big deal. My gain is weight loss. My blood pressure was as high as 180 before, and after losing weight my blood pressure has been between 110 to 120 for a long time; which is really a win-win."

When asked when he will direct again, Lau Yung said that he has always written a script and wants to make a movie with women as the subject, "In the past, affairs and moving on to other relationships were men's business. Now it is a free economy and society, and men and women have already reached even footing. I am not saying that women are right to have affairs. In my Ma's era, when a husband didn't like his wife, he might keep another one. They wouldn't separate, his wife would stick to it because of the inability to work. In today's era, the single-parent families and divorced families rates are very high, many children can easily have 2.5 fathers and mothers. However having more parents doesn't mean the happiness of children is relatively greater. The older I am, the more I want to write a women's story. I don't know when the filming will start; because I don't want to produce it at a low budget, I have to find investors first."

No comments:

Post a Comment