Monday, April 10, 2017

[2017.04.11] KARA WAI FEELS GUILTY ABOUT HAPPINESS BOX OFFICE




Kara Wai praises Albert Yeung, "This boss is the best!"

The star of MEOW presents flowers to Kara Wai.   Fan support makes Kara Wai very happy.



Carlos Chan, Michelle Wai
Irene Wan and Simon Yam congratulate Kara Wai and director Law Yiu Fai
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Jackie Chan and Albert Yeung congratulate Kara Wai
Kara Wai breaks down again when she remembers her mother
courtesy of mingpao.com

The fresh out of the oven Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress Kara Wai Ying Hung went right to the film company's HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR) celebration. Siu Hung thanked the media for their love over the years and said that she was already drunk backstage. She said that she was not the best at acting, she was not even good at it. Film company boss Albert Yeung Sau Sing, Simon Yam Tat Wa, Irene Wan Bik Ha, James Ng Yip Kwan, Carlos Chan Ka Lok and Michelle Wai Sze Nga came to congratulate Siu Hung. She praised the boss as the best as they celebrated with a hug. The star of another new film MEOW also presented flowers. Siu Hung was as excited as she was being proposed to. Finally Siu Hung opened a bottle of champagne and boldly drink. She admitted that she has not had alcohol in over a decade.

Siu Hung on the stage was very emotional. She stated that shes started to become nervous over half a month ago. Because she wanted to answer to her late mother, she really wanted to thank Mama with this award. Siu Hung said, "This film production was a loss, for over a decade I haven't made a movie with only HK$ 2 million at the box office. Many companies turned down the script because they knew they couldn't make money. So I gave my thanks to Mr. Yeung, he even donated a lot of money to help patients of this illness." Siu Hung at the same time thanked the director for trusting her. She admitted that for his next film she would work for free. She said, "Actually we argued over the costume in the film, because my Mama was very thin but had a big belly. Finally the director listened to me. I am very grateful to me. Money is important, but not the most important. He is my benefactor, giving me a chance to answer to Mama."

Siu hung said that the day before the awards was the 100th day since her mother passed. She revealed that when Mama passed, she promised that the Wais will keep going and not shame the Wais. She said, "I would bring the an award to Mama, she has never praised me in person. However I know that she has praised me in front of other people, so I really want Mama to call me smart girl. She didn't need to praise me verbally though, sometimes when I was in a bad mood I would ask her why she didn't praise me. This time I won not for myself, but for Mama." Chan Ka Lok thanked Siu Hung for bringing up his name at the Hong Kong Film Awards. He also sensed the pain when she cried from winning the award. Wai Sze Nga also praised that it was not easy for Sister Su Hung to put real emotions into the movie. She saw her as an idol and role model to work toward. Would Chan Ka Lok's girlfriend Jennifer Yu Heung Yi be disappointed that she did not win Best New Performer? She said, "No, she is still young. She is already very happy that she gets to participate. Actually she should turn around and comfort me, because I was no longer qualified to compete for Best New Performer."

No comments:

Post a Comment